Active Topics

Notices

It would be nice to have a "Recalibrate accelerometer" feature in the (pause) menu to adjust the accelerometer if the user changes the position.

Hello,
i've tried your application yesterday and i think that is very simple but really funny!

Is impressive that there are game in ovistore that are less involvement for the player...

Thank you for your work

The Following User Says Thank You to lordboro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lordboro View Post
Hello,
i've tried your application yesterday and i think that is very simple but really funny!

Is impressive that there are game in ovistore that are less involvement for the player...

Thank you for your work
I am really glad you liked my game. Thank you very much for the feedback!

there is no solution for my prob yet??
The problem is not with the game, but in the python2.5 version and dependencies. If I were you, I would run "apt-get -f install" in terminal, but I don't know what will happen.

It would be nice to have a "Recalibrate accelerometer" feature in the (pause) menu to adjust the accelerometer if the user changes the position.
Everytime you start a new game the accelerometer is recalibrated and in addition you can recalibrate the accelerometer while playing with the button next to the joystick (n900 in a gyroscope)

Last edited by destroid; 2010-07-29 at 18:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to destroid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Same problem here with the packages.
I installed for the first time ever today via the Fast Application Manager.
It installed the game but reported problems with the Python packages. Thus it starts up, gives a black screen for a second, returns to desktop.
Tried updating via the Xterminal as described in this topic, which failed with the same errors as reported in this post.
Then uninstalled it via de legacy Application Manager and tried reinstalling it via the legacy Application Manager.
Now it doesn't even install giving me the message "Unable to install".
Help???

Well, i have python2.5, python-pygame, but missing libsdl-ttf2.0 (i cant find it in any repository) which is required by the python-pygame package. Game wont start, blank screen

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
To all with the missing libsdl-ttf2.0 problem:
I had the same problem and after some trying out with the xterm I found out what it was. There is a problem with the libsdl-ttf2.0-0 which is required for the mupen64plus, I assume it uses the same directory which the other wants to use and because of this, it cant install.
So you have to remove the mupen64plus and other packages who use the the libsdl-ttf2.0 before you can remove itself.
for this you can type:
Code:
root
apt-get remove libsdl-ttf2.0
it will say it can't remove it, because other packages need this (like mupen64plus-arm, Ren'py or python-pygame)
remove all these (via apt-get remove <package name> or via app manager).
Then you can do
Code:
apt-get remove libsdl-ttf2.0
or
Code:
apt-get remove libsdl-ttf2.0-0
Then you can reinstall python and pygame
Code:
apt-get install python2.5
apt-get install python-pygame
Note: This worked for me, I can't tell if it will work for others, and I'm not responsible if these instructions will do something bad.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by slartibartfass; 2010-08-01 at 04:07.

Well, I have applications that require 2.0, and others that require 2.0-0, so that's no solution for me.
I just removed any annoying package, as well as both libsdl's, and installed 2.0 again. Downloaded the current 2.0-0 via wget, and installed it via
Code:
dpkg --force-overwrite -i libsdl-ttf2.0-0_2.0.9-1maemo2_armel.deb
After that, installing all the previously removed packages again...until now, everything seems fine

Don't know why it conflicts in /usr/lib/libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0.6.3 and
/usr/lib/libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0, or why there are two libsdl-ttf2 packages out there at all, but until now, as I said, everything works.

I also just got an upgrade of 2.0-0 which installed fine. Maybe this also renders my workaround unnecessary...who knows

The Following User Says Thank You to Bzzz For This Useful Post:
Blank screen for a few second then back to desktop. Installation completes without problem with both FAM and the standard one.

Tried apt-getting the packages suggested here, and it just tells me I already have the most recent versions.

Is there a crash log file somewhere I should check out?

wildt: open maemo's terminal and type:
python /home/opt/destroid/destroid.pyc
and see what's wrong.

Originally Posted by pingu View Post
wildt: open maemo's terminal and type:

and see what's wrong.
File "/media/mmc1/python/packaging/destroid-1.0.2/src/home/opt/destroid/destroid.py", line 2, in <module>
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygame/__init__.py", line 254, in <module>
try: import pygame.sndarray
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygame/sndarray.py", line 66, in <module>
import pygame._numpysndarray as numpysnd
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygame/_numpysndarray.py", line 38, in <module>
import numpy
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/__init__.py", line 132, in <module>
import add_newdocs
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/add_newdocs.py", line 9, in <module>
from lib import add_newdoc
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/lib/__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
from polynomial import *
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/lib/polynomial.py", line 11, in <module>
import numpy.core.numeric as NX
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'core'