Active Topics

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
the worst thing about this is that they reply to like comments and dont reply to hate comments

Last edited by sepehrsfmech; 2010-07-31 at 13:45.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
the worst thing about this is that they reply to like comments and dont reply to hate comments
That's pretty much Nokia policy all over - they only respond publically to the positive while completely ignoring the negative, so no surprise they're now in such a mess of near Death Spiral proportions.

Nice to se Ovi staffers posting here but I doubt very much they'll be able or willing to engage in any meaningful debate regarding the massive failure that Ovi is becoming on N900 - it's just not the Nokia way.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
I just HAD to make this:

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to slartibartfass For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slartibartfass View Post
I just HAD to make this:
Man, thats like a thousand times funnier than the original!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
So, has it gone viral yet?

(jk.)
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
So, has it gone viral yet?
Yep. I'd say this virus is on the decline.

Love it.. so much better than the original.. hahahah

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by slartibartfass View Post
I just HAD to make this:
This is just brilliant , lets send it to Ovi , afaik someone officially working there recently joined tmo

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Hi, all!

Wow, lots of comments! I’ll try to respond to most of you to my best abilities:

@bchliu: I’m really sorry you found the comic insulting, that was most definitely not our purpose. Like I said before, it was just something fun we wanted to do for our Ovi Blog fans, not to insult N900 owners or anyone else.

@imperiallight: Do you mean the app “AngryMan”? No, it was absolutely not a promotion for that app And actually, the name of the comic ended up being “Old School”. “Angry Man” was simply a part of the pre-promotion for the series. Kind of like a code name.

@gerbick: I LOL’d @ Mel Gibson… touché

@PradaBrada: Sorry you feel that way! The initiative was definitely not meant as a “sick joke”, nor are we full of “bad taste” (at least I don’t think so =)… so again, sorry if the initiative offended you, that was most definitely not the purpose.

@Milhouse: Thank you for your detailed analysis, I really appreciate your views (even though I don’t personally think our comic was “crap” ). We do have quite a large group of fans at the Ovi Blog (which is why we made the comic in the first place), but obviously there’s still people we need to win over, like you guys here >> we have some more work to do

@kureyon: Exactly!

@ysss: Thanks! *hearted* Don’t worry, I ain’t going nowhere (except back to work now, LOL)! We definitely appreciate all the valuable feedback and continue to use this (as well as other) forums for some “stalking” Plus, I have a thick skin

@sepehrsfmech & Milhouse: Most of the comments to the post came during the weekend, like they almost always do to our Friday posts, and even though us Nokians work damn hard, every now and then we do take our weekends off This is why sometimes it takes us until Monday to respond to a comment that came on e.g. Saturday. Hope you understand. The team is just now going through the newest comments. Also, we try our best to respond to every comment, but sometimes even we don’t have the answers to the trickiest questions, which is when we have to consult other people in the organization, which might take a while. So patience, please!

@slartibartfass: OMG, I kind of LOL’d!

-Niini

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ovi_Blog For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You know... due to your upbeat attitude, I truly wish you guys the best of luck.

And why not let this community come up with a couple of comic ideas.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
bought n900, misstep, n900 owner, nokia, ovi store, ovitards, shitty comics, wtf comics!?