Active Topics

Closed Thread
hey steve, i got a problem that drives me crazy...

i tried to type 'umount /dev/mmcblk1p1', and it said no such file or directory, i also rebooted n900 several times, whereas the problem remained the same, how can i solve it?

hei Steve.

First of all thnx for the excillent work. i have one querry. I have downloaded all the prerequisits for the android. but my internet connection on N900 is not very good so its not possible to download NITdroid (approx 160 mb) directly on it. is it possible that i download the file on my pc and then copy it to my N900 and install directly. If yes then can u please state what should be the code then.
Thnks dude

Originally Posted by saadgadit View Post
hei Steve.

First of all thnx for the excillent work. i have one querry. I have downloaded all the prerequisits for the android. but my internet connection on N900 is not very good so its not possible to download NITdroid (approx 160 mb) directly on it. is it possible that i download the file on my pc and then copy it to my N900 and install directly. If yes then can u please state what should be the code then.
Thnks dude
Connect your N900 to your PC and copy the file to the documents folder. Disconnect the phone and then open the file manager on the phone and navigate to the documents folder. Press and hold on the files and select the move option. Move one step back and select N900 at the top of the file tree. That is the MyDocs folder that DJ Steve refers to in the instructions.

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by mercurysun View Post
hey steve, i got a problem that drives me crazy...

i tried to type 'umount /dev/mmcblk1p1', and it said no such file or directory, i also rebooted n900 several times, whereas the problem remained the same, how can i solve it?
I'll post the answer in the correct thread. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...4&goto=newpost

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
anyone know the specs of the dell streak and also anyone got one. woluld love to steal its on screen keyboard

The Streak uses an 1ghz Snapdragon: http://www.gsmarena.com/dell_streak-3353.php

Awesome job dj_steve and the other people involved in this project! I am really looking forward to when u solve the 2G/3G issue. I am considering running Android on full time then.

Although i have a slight problem, which I want to ask about.
In my home I have 2 WLANs and I can only find and connect to one of them, the other one is not visible and not connectable from Android even with manual settings. My computer, Maemo, other phone connects to this access point fine. ARe there any known compability problems with Android and some setting on the WLAN?
I am going to try to reconfigure the access point if its possible to see if I can find any bug.

Thanks again for an awesome job and keep it up!

/Xenji

the wlan in android is weak and quite unstable at the moment (and not a high powered as maemo for now i dont think. ()

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
dj_steve - loving every bit of your work.

Just curious, what are you now working hardest on?
More like, what can we expect next and any super rough ETA? =)

no eta as yet, and at min working on tidying up wifi and working out the reason for the flickering in 0.0.6

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread