Active Topics

Hi lethbrip,
for me it is still not working, neither with the PR1.2. Exactly the same problem than before.
And additional problems I have found since I wrote the last entry in this forum:
When listening to music, sometimes the phone detects a new mail or sms and playing the warning, but changing the profile to bt-telephone, thus needing to repeat again the disconnection/reconnection.

I'm also experiencing weird things between the N900 and HBH-DS970.

After pairing, the phone couldn't connect to the headset. After I put the headset into multi-device mode (The switch on the side) it managed to connect (Just as a phone call came in ) and it worked fine in headset profile. I then flipped the switch back to single device mode and opened the media player, and all seems fine now. I even got a phone call while playing music, and everything worked in the correct profile (The call came in in headset profile and then the music came back on in A2DP).

Now I tried disconnecting the headset through the phone, and when I clicked "play" on the headset it reconnected properly. It also worked properly after turning the headset off and on again.

Weird.

In short, if you can't get your HBH-DS970 to connect to the N900, I'd suggest changing to multi-device mode for the initial connection.

Hi!
I have managed to get A2DP sound to the N900 from the MW600 headset after reading the Sony Ericsson user guide. Unfortunately It is not included in the box but can be downloaded from here:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/supp...de/mw600?lc=en

First pair the device to your N900 (and afterwards to your laptop if you want to).

To connect to N900 in A2DP mode press and hold the Play / Pause button (middle button on the side of the headset) for about 3 seconds. First you see a music symbol but then a menu is displayed for selecting between 1) radio 2) mobile phone and 3) computer for the A2DP connection. Now slide your finger to the mobile phone with the volume slider. If it is already at the mobile phone you can try to move it to the radio, then repeat the procedure again and move it back to the phone.

For the HSP mode you can select the connected unit (either mobile or computer) through pressing and holding the call button on the headset. for around 3 s. You get a similar menu and can select between mobile or PC through moving your finger on the volume slider.

This means that one should be able to listen to music from a PC through A2DP while getting calls through HSP from the N900. Or one could listen to both music and recieve calls through being connected to N900 both via A2DP and HSP.

Hope this can be to help for someone.

By the way, has someone understood why sometimes the sound come through the speakers of the N900 even though the headset is displayed as connected in the phone? This happens after disconnecting and then reconnecting.

Best wishes,
Thomas

The Following User Says Thank You to hojemo For This Useful Post:
Can any of the MW600 owners tell me if it displays the song name etc.. Is there an app to enable it for the n900?

No it doesn't display the song name (at least out of the box). If there is a way to make it work, I don't know.
It doesn't display the name of the calling contact neither, only the telephone number.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
No, the linux-bluetooth-stack can't do that. But there is a GSOC-Project this year:
http://jprvita.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/avrcp-metadata/

Last edited by christoph; 2010-07-27 at 20:14.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hojemo View Post
By the way, has someone understood why sometimes the sound come through the speakers of the N900 even though the headset is displayed as connected in the phone? This happens after disconnecting and then reconnecting.
The problem seems to be, that the headphone only connects as hfp, but not as a2dp. So only if the headphone initiates the connection. On another thread, somebody posted a script. This is my version of this. It first disconnects, and then reconnects:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Enter the Address of your headphone here:
devmac=00:00:00:00:00:00

adapter=$(dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.bluez / org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter| sed -ne "s/^.*object path //p"|sed -e 's/"//g')
device=$(dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.bluez ${adapter} org.bluez.Adapter.FindDevice string:${devmac}|sed -ne "s/^.*object path //p"|sed -e 's/"//g')
dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.bluez ${device} org.bluez.Device.Disconnect

sleep 2
dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.bluez ${device} org.bluez.AudioSink.Connect
dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call --dest=org.bluez ${device} org.bluez.Headset.Connect
I run this script via a desktop execution widget. Works fine for me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Greece
thanks for keeping this topic alive!

although I'm sure this isn't the only spot to gain info from, there have been some really interesting posts up to now!

keep sharing!

p.s.: I haven't got the DS-970 to display ANYTHING yet...

Hello Team,

I am using motorola S9-HD Bluetooth and this is successfully connected back to N900 but no voice. if i use media player to play music/movie it comes from n900 speakers and not from the Headset.

PLease suggest on how to make this work...

Regards,
Papps

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Greece
Originally Posted by papps View Post
Hello Team,

I am using motorola S9-HD Bluetooth and this is successfully connected back to N900 but no voice. if i use media player to play music/movie it comes from n900 speakers and not from the Headset.

PLease suggest on how to make this work...

Regards,
Papps
I suggest you delete the device from your phone's list, hard-reset your bluetooth headset nad then pair them again...
It's a fundamental step and probably the only one that can show us if there are incompatibility issues between the two devices..