Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Just to put these stats in real life context... you drop 2-3 calls instead of 1 every 200 calls.
Will you notice that?
That's the common fallacy. The probability to drop a call depends on the quality of the signal in the area. Most people living in areas with good reception never get to experience the dropped calls, independently on the antenna flaw. However, those who would have had a minor problem with 3GS suddenly have a huge problem with iP4. Those are the ones that are also vocal about the problem (the 0.55%).

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
You don't need to notice that. You know it for a fact.
Would you replace a credit card that charges 0.5% for one that charges 2% for every transaction ? Would you notice that ???
That's the thing. Phone calls are not the primary use of these devices anymore. Just look back at N900 to illustrate this point.

ps: I thought the difference is less than 1.5%?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
AT&T reported 1.4% for 3GS. We can only guess how much >1% is (the return rate of 0.55% was reported a lot more accurately, for some reason). If we take it to be 0.9%, then we get a 0.9/1.4=64% increase. Like I said before, this is the average which does not predict how badly an individual customer may be affected.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
http://www.gsmarena.com/german_stift...-news-1837.php

just a follow up, please tell me if the link above is already posted. just swing by a flash review of this thread.

in my opinion, i dont know what is with the battle of the internal antennas but what i know is, its getting better (or worse)

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-07-26 at 17:59.

That's the thing. Phone calls are not the primary use of these devices anymore. Just look back at N900 to illustrate this point.

Not the primary use ??? even Jobs didn't and claim that one.
ifeel like im irguing with an ibumper - always defend the iphone !
iagree with iyou. iphone is not for calls, that's why they added the no reception feature. Isn't it funny how all the iDiots are buying it and then try to use it as a phone ?
Please don't compare the N900 linux pc to silly smartphones, other phones can have similar issues/features it doesn't improve the reception of the one you are holding or calling with (can't do both).

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
Not the primary use ??? even Jobs didn't and claim that one.
ifeel like im irguing with an ibumper - always defend the iphone !
iagree with iyou. iphone is not for calls, that's why they added the no reception feature. Isn't it funny how all the iDiots are buying it and then try to use it as a phone ?
Please don't compare the N900 linux pc to silly smartphones, other phones can have similar issues/features it doesn't improve the reception of the one you are holding or calling with (can't do both).
I don't think I'm on iCrack.

Let me just ask you one question to prove my point:

Do you spend more time making phone calls on your N900 than doing any other activities on it?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

I appologize if I offended you in any way I was just trying to be funny. I don't have an n900 only n800. But now I need a phone so I am going to buy the n900 as a phone. I realize it's not a very good choice for that but I really want one
Primary use ? I have a TV. It's primary use is to make me stupid and it needs good reception for that. Would it be ok if on educational programs the reception was bad ? That's not the primary use after all.
Like I said before the all thing is bad for consumer. From now on expect less. Less customer support, less innovation, less reception. I wish the new iphone was magnificent so the market would have to follow. The opposite occoured.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
in any mobile devices (like cellular/smartphones) i have not experience a poor signal (whoever the manufacturer is) except if the issue is within the service provider.

in the case of my n900, i do 90% of non-telephony stuff on it since last month.

it was my primary phone, but it always pisses me off if someone calls when im doing something with my n900 (Grrrrrr!!!!!!) like playing angry birds, or doing something via x-term, so i decided to switch the sim card of my other phone with my n900. and now, no one can disturb me playing with my n900!!!!!!!!!

and yeah, i agree with ysss with my statement above. maybe the n900 is too smart to be a phone.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:

Tags
delete me, free publicity, n900 is perfect, worstthreadever