Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
HDR picture made today on my N900 with fcam:
http://picasaweb.google.com/kimberlynixon/HDRN900

The Following User Says Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
People talking about taking pics with fcam....and not fcamera...so can i install fcam then?? It says device is locked and i can't install it.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
HDR picture made today on my N900 with fcam:
really nice shot!
only used fcam to make this?
have to download it

Here are few of mine, taken with the original camera app:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mc_mice For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Picture with fcamera auto settings, not quite as good as I had hoped but as the monkey's kept bouncing around it was the best I could manage. Someone should have taken a picture of me taking that picture as the monkey was as big as my n900 and right next to it Exported to jpg with the gimp but no other editing done.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FarmerF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
"Shot" in garden.
Attached Images

Last edited by Carlito; 2010-07-26 at 10:05.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carlito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
People talking about taking pics with fcam....and not fcamera...so can i install fcam then?? It says device is locked and i can't install it.
fcam is merely (!?) the API through which fcamera works. If you want to install this application then use terminal to ensure all dependancies are met;

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install fcamera
Ensure then that if you are running with Kernel-Power (aka Titans Kernel) that you download and install the new fCamera Kernel Drivers after installing fcamera.

Reboot to get everything running the way it should. Enjoy more options.

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Are you using fcamera or fcam?? What's the difference. Obviously i don't see fcamera can create that kind of quality.
i thought fcam and fcamera are the same thing. Anyways, I used fcamera app to take the pictures I posted, these pictures are unedited. I was very surprised with the results too.

After testing the settings many times, here are some tips and settings I used for those pics:

*Make sure to take pictures on a bright sunny day or else pictures will come out very dark and lots of noise.

*In dark places/indoor, I get much better results taking pictures with the default camera app.

Here are the settings I used in fcamera for the uploaded pics:

Exposure: Highlights
Gain: Auto
Focus: Manual (for close up pics with blurr on the back like the blueberry and bugs picture, move the tab all the way to the left to 5cm, if everything is too blurry, then adjust to the right slightly)
WB: Auto
Burst: Single (It takes many pictures for 1 good picture to show up, you could also use burst of 4 or best of 8 for this option. Make sure to hold the camera button and not move until all the pictures are taken)

With the above settings, your screen should be all blurred, move your N900 up very close to the subject until it is focused.

Have fun.

Last edited by btong; 2010-07-26 at 13:57.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
i thought fcam and fcamera are the same thing. Anyways, I used fcamera app to take the pictures I posted, these pictures are unedited. I was very surprised with the results too.
The photos almost take on a 3D effect! The close up detail is very impressive

Originally Posted by btong View Post

After testing the settings many times, here are some tips and settings I used for those pics:

*Make sure to take pictures on a bright sunny day or else pictures will come out very dark and lots of noise.

*In dark places/indoor, I get much better results taking pictures with the default camera app.

Here are the settings I used in fcamera for the uploaded pics:

Exposure: Highlights
Gain: Auto
Focus: Manual (for close up pics with blurr on the back like the blueberry and bugs picture, move the tab all the way to the left to 5cm, if everything is too blurry, then adjust to the right slightly)
WB: Auto
Burst: Single (It takes many pictures for 1 good picture to show up, you could also use burst of 4 or best of 8 for this option. Make sure to hold the camera button and not move until all the pictures are taken)

With the above settings, your screen should be all blurred, move your N900 up very close to the subject until it is focused.

Have fun.
Ok, maybe i used the wrong program to edit the RAW data. Every one of the RAW data is like 10MB and when i converted to jpeg...it doesn't look good at all. SO i am wondering if i have to use certain type of program to convert. I use Paint Shop Pro...is that good? Also when i view the RAW 10MB pic...and try to zoom in..it doesn't look as detail either.

Tags
camera, fremantle, gallery, image, maemo, maemo 5, n900, photo, photograph, photography, picture, show and tell