Active Topics

Poll: Are you going to test the DiabloTurbo beta?
Poll Options
Are you going to test the DiabloTurbo beta?

Umm...so beyond the theatrics, I actually tried the script (uncommented), and I didn't notice any speed improvement in MicroB. Note, I already had metalayer-crawler disabled, so I wouldn't have noticed any speed improvements from there.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Since there seems to be so much interest, here it is.

This package includes a few sysctl kernel tweaks (those are mine), microb tweaks from Brontide's thread, and removes metalayer-crawler from startup.
I advise to have a swap file enabled, any size from 32MB will do, for memory hungry programs.
It depends on ramzez-init, since a ramzswap improves performace quite a bit in general. You must install it first.
This comes from my own setup, and I'm quite happy with it.

Expect no miracles. The N810 is what it is, maemo4-diablo is what it is.
Also, nothing comes without cost:
media player playlists won't work
memory hogs (*cough* firefox! *cough*) can perform worse a bit sooner
microb will load pages somewhat faster, but on some pages (most notably gmail) performance will degrade. If you want a fast browser install opera.

Uninstalling the package will restore metalayer-crawler at startup (if you had it disabled previously you'll have to disable it again), previous sysctl settings (if any), and microb previous settings.

All source code is included in the deb, since it is just a few scripts and text files.
Attached Files
File Type: deb diablo-tweaks-1.0.0-1_all.deb (2.6 KB, 127 views)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Since there seems to be so much interest, here it is.

This package includes a few sysctl kernel tweaks (those are mine), microb tweaks from Brontide's thread, and removes metalayer-crawler from startup.
I advise to have a swap file enabled, any size from 32MB will do, for memory hungry programs.
It depends on ramzez-init, since a ramzswap improves performace quite a bit in general. You must install it first.
This comes from my own setup, and I'm quite happy with it.

Expect no miracles. The N810 is what it is, maemo4-diablo is what it is.
Also, nothing comes without cost:
media player playlists won't work
memory hogs (*cough* firefox! *cough*) can perform worse a bit sooner
microb will load pages somewhat faster, but on some pages (most notably gmail) performance will degrade. If you want a fast browser install opera.

Uninstalling the package will restore metalayer-crawler at startup (if you had it disabled previously you'll have to disable it again), previous sysctl settings (if any), and microb previous settings.

All source code is included in the deb, since it is just a few scripts and text files.
How will this play the SSU release?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
How will this play the SSU release?
No interferences at all (I have the SSU)

Will it be ok on a N800?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
sure! No problems with N8x0 until now.

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
maacruz, it seems like an interesting set of tweaks.
I would however recommend you posting it in a separate thread where YOU and, no offense meant tuliobaars, reply to questions about it
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by tuliobaars View Post
Another thing: The boot time had decreased at about 50%.
Would you mind posting just the tweaks/code you used to reduce the boot time with 50%, that does indeed seem interesting.

This is for all: Im sorry, I had been an idiot. Saying what wasn't true (yet!) and I beg your pardon. Maacruz, I had not been fair with you... you was just saying to me the truth that I wasn't able to see. Now, I just wanna say that Im going to work quiet and when I have something really good and concrete I will show to you.

For now, DiabloTurbo is paused. Soon will be alive again, I hope. Maacruz, thanks to this.

Good luck for you post, I wanna help in what i can, if I can.
Just forget this and keep walking (Jonnhy Walker).

I really hope that you all understand, Im now a new guy.

Thanks at all,

Best Regards,
T.B.

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuliobaars For This Useful Post:
Soonly I will post some another tweaks from some sources...
When I get'n home.

Best Regards

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.