Active Topics

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i still have my 5 yr/old nokia 6600, so maybe as long as its working, i'll keep it.....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Phoenix, Arizona
Until it breaks, becomes obsolete, or I can't read the screen. If a replacement with better specs, 5" resistive screen, 4 row keyboard, camera with optical zoom, and a longer battery life came along I'd consider it. In 3 to 4 years.

Last edited by jbscurtis; 2010-07-24 at 02:49. Reason: spelling

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
Just until N910 drops then I will switch over to that. N900 is my first Nokia phone I think I will stick with Nokia.

I'm so into Linux base phones now!

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Normally I tend to keep things like this untill I can smile seeing it hit the asfalt.
But Nokia N900 got me wound up waiting for a worthy successor. If Nokintel dozsn't mess up I might be purchasing the Nxt one.

Also I find the N900 an instant classic so I might just try to preserve it carefully and give it a couch surf function as retirement.
to summarize: foreva

I am keeping my n900 until it fails. By then a better n9 is released, and ovi store is finally working.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
I'll keep it as long as i can laugh at my friends with superiority Six months later, they continue to be astonished by my mobile, and for much more time, i wish xD N900 FTW!

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
i'm probably going to buy another phone in a year, when i get a job =P, but i'm definately not going to sell my n900, i'll still keep it, because i know it's undervalued =/, even for just as a internet tablet or something to tweak. we can still see strong community support for n810 and i expect similar community support will stay for the n900

I'm pretty disapointed to see the n9 with symbian, i thought it was going to be meego. oh well. I'll only get a meego device if i feel nokia creates it with quality parts (heart breaking to see ARM 11 on the n8)

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
I have found that I really love using a stylus and using a virtual keyboard seems really awkward since the screen essentially goes away. So stylus and physical keyboard are now must haves.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
theres a whole raft of phones coming out in late Q4 this year so i think i may dabble and see whats on offer then.

Hopefully meego will be out on a Nok device with a hardware keyboard and decent GPS battery and camera.

the one thing that nokia really sucks at is software. hardware is top notch which is why im glad they are partnered with intel now on the foerthcoming release.

n900 is a good phone. if the software was up to scratch it would be my best ever device so far. niggles are bluetooth compatability is crap maps are crap and its lack of decent messaging support (i.e its non provisioning)

Until the earlier to occur of the following two events:

1. HTC releasing an andriod phone with keyboard and at least 16gb built in memory
2. The release of a meego device

Tags
ebay.com, until its sold