Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
Venomo, thanks for this useful app.
I made some design proposal. I don't know if it's doable, but why not make it look like sticky note. Preview and zipped SVG in attachment.
Hey mivoligo,

Thanks for your SVG! I like it.
If you are into graphics, I ask you to create some graphics for the buttons (toolbar, plus the 3 bottom buttons) that fit into this.

If you do so, I can create a new UI for the notes, and make it an option.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Hey guys,

A message for all the people who like Sticky Notes:
Please vote for it!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=760304

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Hey mivoligo,

Thanks for your SVG! I like it.
If you are into graphics, I ask you to create some graphics for the buttons (toolbar, plus the 3 bottom buttons) that fit into this.

If you do so, I can create a new UI for the notes, and make it an option.
Sorry for late response. I'm getting ready for my holidays.
Can you tell me what is the button's size?

The Following User Says Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
The SVG looks very smart. Looking forward to seeing it in a new release of StickyNotes

It would also make a great background for StickyNotes' little brother - StickyScribbleNotes

I'm imagining a cross between StickyNotes and Sketch - little squares on the desktop users can quickly jot reminders onto

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
OK, I made three buttons 100x50px and four buttons 75x40px. See attachment. As I'm off to place without internet, I'm attaching zipped SVG, so anyone can change it if something is wrong.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip newsticky.svg.zip (21.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: zip buttons.zip (9.2 KB, 104 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
Sorry for late response. I'm getting ready for my holidays.
Can you tell me what is the button's size?
Basically, any size that will look well on your image.

OK, I made three buttons 100x50px and four buttons 75x40px. See attachment. As I'm off to place without internet, I'm attaching zipped SVG, so anyone can change it if something is wrong.
Big thanks!
I like the design.
The only thing I will have to figure out is how to change the background colour of your image when the user uses the button to do so.

Originally Posted by SallyJane View Post
I'm imagining a cross between StickyNotes and Sketch - little squares on the desktop users can quickly jot reminders onto
Yep, the idea has been present since the second page of the thread (I collect the ideas that sound good )...

The only problem is, it is currently impossible to implement it, because currently the desktop doesn't send any drag events to widgets on it. Sad, isn't it?
(I dont't know if any workaround is possible.)

All I can say is this:
If you manage to bring Sticky Notes to the third position in the competition, I promise I will look into it and implement it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Hi Venemo! I'm unable to select text otherwise than by whole words (by double tap), since attempts to select it by dragging drag the whole desktop. Also, not having to see the 'add new note - settings - close note' buttons at the bottom of every note would make them more compact. Overall, practically useful program. ~~Gryllida

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gryllida For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gryllida View Post
Hi Venemo! I'm unable to select text otherwise than by whole words (by double tap), since attempts to select it by dragging drag the whole desktop. Also, not having to see the 'add new note - settings - close note' buttons at the bottom of every note would make them more compact. Overall, practically useful program. ~~Gryllida
Indeed.
As I mentioned in my previous post, the Hildon Desktop doesn't send any drag events to any widgets, since it uses them itself.

Selection of text is possible with the shift+arrow keys, though.

About the compact idea: others recommended it, too, so I will put it into the planned features section.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
I have a problem with my sticky notes. I have four notes on one of my desktop and very often the notes magically move to a different desktop. I have the modified hildon home and I am running six desktops so not sure if that is what causes it. Is this a known issue with or without modified hildon?

Also there is a common problem seem to have which is that widgets keep disappearing. I don't think anyone has ever been able to identify which widgets cause it. I have noticed that apart from the Nokia widgets I am using (media player and calendar) sticky notes is the only one that does not disappear. Maybe there is a tip you could pass on to the other developers to prevent their widgets disappearing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Hi Etuoyo,

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I have a problem with my sticky notes. I have four notes on one of my desktop and very often the notes magically move to a different desktop. I have the modified hildon home and I am running six desktops so not sure if that is what causes it. Is this a known issue with or without modified hildon?
Well, I haven't yet seen this kind of issue. Which version of Sticky Notes are you using?
Sticky Notes identifies the current desktop by using a GConf entry, the desktop ID returned from "/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current". It accesses this information by using a GConf callback. If your modified Hildon-Desktop can handle this correctly, it should work properly.

Anyways, I've been using MohammadAG's Hildon-Desktop for some time now, without such issues. (Although I haven't seen any on a standard PR 1.2 desktop, either.)

Note that Hildon-Desktop has a buggy behaviour regarding this gconf entry, so Sticky Notes uses a hack to workaround it. If your modified desktop has this bug fixed, that is likely to affect the behaviour of Sticky Notes.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Also there is a common problem seem to have which is that widgets keep disappearing. I don't think anyone has ever been able to identify which widgets cause it. I have noticed that apart from the Nokia widgets I am using (media player and calendar) sticky notes is the only one that does not disappear. Maybe there is a tip you could pass on to the other developers to prevent their widgets disappearing.
Yeah, that is a fairly common symptom when Hildon-Home (the process managing all your widgets) crashes.
Well, my secret is that Sticky Notes runs totally unrelatedly from Hildon-Home. It lives in its own separate process and is therefore immune to these crashes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, maemo 5, notes, sticky notes, widget