Notices

there is also mobile map 9 test ( MAP PACKAGE) in repository..

I'm downloading it and i will feed back

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ FRANCE
According to this file :

http://repository.sygic.com/maemo/di...el/Packages.gz

Sygic Mobile Maps 10 must be there.

But the deb (http://repository.sygic.com/maemo/di...ps10-8.1.0.deb) is missing from the repository.

We are not far! Keep the good work Sygic! Thanks for your Maemo effort!

Originally Posted by ahmoda View Post
there is also mobile map 9 test ( MAP PACKAGE) in repository..

I'm downloading it and i will feed back

I had download 67 mega for mobile map 9 test. but after downloading is says unable to install package not found.

!!!!

Let us wait. it should be released soon.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sevilla
Originally Posted by luma View Post
According to this file :

http://repository.sygic.com/maemo/di...el/Packages.gz

Sygic Mobile Maps 10 must be there.

But the deb (http://repository.sygic.com/maemo/di...ps10-8.1.0.deb) is missing from the repository.

We are not far! Keep the good work Sygic! Thanks for your Maemo effort!
I can not download the deb and you could be compressed into zip or rar?

Thanks

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Darn it, I saw the mobile maps 10 package in the repository and when I tried to download it, it conflicted with 9 which was installed.

So I uninstalled mobile maps 9 and then attempted to download version 10... It looked good for a second or two and then gave me the error saying that the deb file could not be found, crap!

So I located my original deb file and installed it again - whats crap now is that its the original file not the update that sygic released a little later, so gps locks appear to take a little longer and it does not auto rotate...

Fingers crossed that version 10 comes soon, if not I wish they would put the update back into their repository!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
Darn it, I saw the mobile maps 10 package in the repository and when I tried to download it, it conflicted with 9 which was installed.

So I uninstalled mobile maps 9 and then attempted to download version 10... It looked good for a second or two and then gave me the error saying that the deb file could not be found, crap!

So I located my original deb file and installed it again - whats crap now is that its the original file not the update that sygic released a little later, so gps locks appear to take a little longer and it does not auto rotate...

Fingers crossed that version 10 comes soon, if not I wish they would put the update back into their repository!
Either way an update notification should come in a day or so to the newer 9.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
so anxiously awaiting this update. everytime i see that stupid yellow OTA light flash on the phone i want for it to be Sygic in the worst fkn way!!!

please hurry Sygic!

@zehjotkah, do you have permission to show this? For as far as i knom sygic is giving free maps 10 beta's to test (i have one too) but its not allowed to show this to the public.

Originally Posted by sygys View Post
@zehjotkah, do you have permission to show this? For as far as i knom sygic is giving free maps 10 beta's to test (i have one too) but its not allowed to show this to the public.
If you follow the upgrade instructions on the sygic website, once you have installed the repository, version 10 does appear in application manager. You just can't install it. So for Permissions, it's Sygic who are publishing the links.

Also, I purchased version 9 from the Sygic website, but the confirmation e-mail told me to download it from OVI. Having done that I can't get the update for auto rotate and fullscreen support either.

I contacted Sygic technical support about it and they also told me that version 10 is due soon. That's not much help for my holiday driving next week though.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sevilla
I need only the application deb