Active Topics

Notices

A few days ago i changed to Agenda view and closed GPE calendar, now everytime i want to change the view the application just quits. I've tried to reinstall but it doesn't work, it opens in agenda view and crashes when i t ry to switch view.
Any help? Thanks!

I have the same problem, with more complexities. From agenda, checking calendar selector in the view menu usually allows me to get out of agenda, sometimes I will also have to check sidebar or something else. But eventually, if I change views I will get either a blank widow instead of a calendar, or the program will close. Is agenda just unstable? It seems as if I pass through it on the way to crashing. Is there a particular setup that avoids these problems?
Thank you if you have any ideas

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Maybe you could try to uninstall GPE cal AND remove the preference files ...

Using Midnight commander, you can probably locate a folder for GPE cal somewhere even after removing it, and then delete it ...

thank you totololo,
took quite a while to learn enough mc, but the more complete removal and reinstall seems to have worked

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Yeah !!!!
I'm happy for you !
GPE cal is very usefull !

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
There is a known problem with the agenda view in the version of GPE Calendar currently in Extras. If the sidebar is disabled then it is likely to crash when entering or leaving agenda view.

If the saved view is the agenda view then you may not be able to start GPE calendar. In that case, your best bet is to just delete the file which stores your optional settings (this is nothing to do with the data stored in your calendar). To do that, start the X Terminal and type in:

Code:
rm .gpe-calendar
Note that there is a dot "." in front of "gpe-calendar". That is just a text file so if you are used to using Linux you could edit the file to either enable the sidebar or change the current view ("day" is a good start).

The bug is fixed in the Beta version of GPE Calendar which is in extras-devel. However, it is not currently ready for full release and problems have been reported with the home page applet (gpesummary). If you want to try the Beta version, see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=22219

Graham