Poll: Do you have this bug?
Poll Options
Do you have this bug?

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
The bug has been fixed and maybe someone could compile the current fixed hildon-desktop to fix it without waiting for PR1.3!?
Why isnt nobody responding to this??

Originally Posted by cpt.bert View Post
Why isnt nobody responding to this??
<sarcasm>Nokia's release policy forbids any bug fixing.</sarcasm>

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by patt2k View Post
sometimes when I get a call it wont show whos calling untill i open the keyboard any ideas whats wrong with that?
Exactly that same problem. Touchscreen will show an incoming call, the phone rings and the screen stays on just long enough to accept the call, but after that I either have to use he unlock button or open the hardware keyboard slider. Pretty annoying, though better than no calls being accepted at all.

There is no difference, btw, with outgoing calls. I select the person I want to call, press the green button and next the screen is completely black, while holding the device still in my hands. the trouble is that where I live, network coverage is not the best, so sometimes it just takes a while for the ringing pulse to sound. To check whether I am still calling, I have to unlock the device first. Not the most convenient way for a device I paid for with my right arm.

Last edited by anthonie; 2010-07-08 at 12:47. Reason: Typo's. The horror for native english speakers. In case there's still typo's left, I kindley request you to take it up with the Dutch ministry of education. Make sure you write in Dutch!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Compiled the newest hildon-desktop and after 5 minutes of testing I'm unable to reproduce this bug, yey. Will be adding the compiled executable after few days of extra testing

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinipyon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
When I get calls they switch to portrait when i pick up the phone fine. My problem is that when I press accept call the screen changes so the accept/reject buttons are side by side, then after a second it switches back to the buttons being on top of eachother and I can hit accept. It would be super annoying except I don't use the phone much.
Same issue here. Gets annoying really fast.

Originally Posted by kinipyon View Post
Compiled the newest hildon-desktop and after 5 minutes of testing I'm unable to reproduce this bug, yey. Will be adding the compiled executable after few days of extra testing
Can I ask you to try a few test cases:

a) Do test with regular phone call and then with Skype. Test with 2G and then 3G.

b) Test with one app running in the background that doesn't have an active connection (web browser or OVI Maps (memory hog))

c) Test with one app that streams data (mplayer streaming video or Tunewiki streaming audio)

I find that streaming audio or video and trying to receive a 3G Skype call is a recipe for disaster and do this while not plugged in to a power source.

I hope you don't mind me asking.

I have same problem, almost EVERY single time I get a regular call..it gets extremely annoying coz I initially tried to hit the side by side accept button, but it changes to the regular and ends up registering press for reject.

Yep not mnay ppl were happy abt that

Originally Posted by kinipyon View Post
Great to hear! Can you release it please if there are no other problems? Would be nice!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
after some more testing I still found this bug in place :-/ I dont know if have I done something wrong but the buttons still do jump around the screen.

This is how I tested:

1. Downloaded newest hildon-desktop from http://maemo.gitorious.org/fremantle...ildon-desktop/

2. Compiled it in scratchbox

3. Replaced old hildon-desktop binary with new one

Tested with no load and extra load, still the same. In certain cases the buttons were side by side for a second in portait mode and in landscape buttons they were one on the other for a second.

Maybe I have done something wrong? Maybe hildon-desktop isn't the only component responsible for this? Maybe we have to wait for next FW to fix this :-/

Maybe you can add this as a comment to the bug (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10613)?