Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
Alright, so if I want to completely remove eveything and start from scratch, do I just need to do a

rm -R .mupen64plus

and then install it from Extras-devel? I want to start from scratch because I'm still having issues with the proximity sensor not working as the A button when using accelemymote, would I also have to remove accelemymote as well?

As for your previous questions, I was using your latest config files (the one that quits with the q button). It just effected OoT, but I've never tried it before since it was said to run slow. I've tried to reinstalled once. I've deleted the save files and tried runnking it from xterm, with the --nogui command, got to the same point and got the error. The phone was rebooted a few times, didn't change anything.
Ok first of all I said in the first post my config file doesn't have proximity sensor setup.. read it again.

Yes that's the command that'll remove the config files (and saves), you'll also need to remove the installation and reinstall with the commands at the bottom of the troubleshoot section.

And you have tried multiple ROMs (including NTSC, USA ones)?

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Oregon
Oh I see, I must have missed that part with the proximity sensor.

I'll try to remove everything and start over. As for the ROMs I only tried the USA one since everyone said that the NTSC one ran slower.

Edit: Alright, so I did

rm -R .mupen64plus
root
dpkg --purge mupen64plus-arm-gui mupen64plus-arm mupen64plus-arm-gles2n64

Then install from Extras-devel, grab your custom config files and put it in the .mupen64plus directory.

Open a new xterm
cd /path/to/rom
mupen64plus --nogui romname.z64

I was able to enter the name, create a save file and as I start the game the screen turn black and close, it says 'Segmentation fault' on the xterm currently open.

Edit 2: Okay, so I went into .mupen64plus/save/ and delete the save file, restart, open xterm and type in mupen64plus --nogui /path/to/rom/romname.z64 and the same thing happened again, not sure where I went wrong.

Edit 3: Went back into .mupen64plus/save/ and delete the same file, tried the NTSC version this time (at least I think it is since it did ask me what language I want at the beginning) and it failed again.

Last edited by Ikari; 2010-07-19 at 07:41.

Ok first of all. USA == NTSC. NTSC is the region that envelopes North American and Japan (although technically NTSC-J I believe), whereas PAL is region for Europe and Australia.

I'm currently stumped... so lets try some exploring. As the game begins loading through xterm... where is it loading the config files from? Try simply deleting .mupen64plus folder and running the emulator.

EDIT: Also I am now officially getting this error.. which is weird as it was working last night. Guess it's become a personal problem I can look in to.

Solved it. It appears to be caused by latest GLES plugin. I have no idea why a graphics plugin is interferring with loading, but after 30 loads.. I can't replicate the error on v0.0.3 of the plugin. If you are that desperate to play Zelda I can upload the old plugin with instructions... but otherwise I'd say wait around for the next release which will invariable fix it.

As for the error it self... it appears to only occur ever on the second run with the same config. Basically I am able to remove the error by running the emulator without a .mupen64plus folder... then replacing it with my one containing a save. Loading it once then not being able to do it again. I'm very tempted to call voodoo magic on this.

Last edited by IzzehO; 2010-07-19 at 09:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Solved it. It appears to be caused by latest GLES plugin. I have no idea why a graphics plugin is interferring with loading, but after 30 loads.. I can't replicate the error on v0.0.3 of the plugin. If you are that desperate to play Zelda I can upload the old plugin with instructions... but otherwise I'd say wait around for the next release which will invariable fix it.

As for the error it self... it appears to only occur ever on the second run with the same config. Basically I am able to remove the error by running the emulator without a .mupen64plus folder... then replacing it with my one containing a save. Loading it once then not being able to do it again. I'm very tempted to call voodoo magic on this.
Thanx! I will wait for next release...

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Launching the USA version of Super Mario 64 gives me a blank screen.
I installed this emulator 2 days before the recent update with the new graphics plugin. Still no dice.
Bad ROM?

Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Launching the USA version of Super Mario 64 gives me a blank screen.
I installed this emulator 2 days before the recent update with the new graphics plugin. Still no dice.
Bad ROM?
Using custom config? following troubleshoot on first page?

since segmentation fault means accessing protected / non-existent / non-allocated part of the memory, i think the config file has a problem when it comes to creating a new save slot in zelda, because it does just that.

Yes it crashes when it create the save game

Hello!

i've a problem to pair a second dualshock to the emulator,
the accelerometer of the second six axis control the mouse pointer and the setting of the second gamepad in the emulator are unusable!

is a bug of the emulator or a problem of the smoku's six axis support?

how i can disable the accelerometer of the gamepad?

appart this problem most of the best n64 games runs great without audio!!

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64