Active Topics

This is a great app. When you fix the reboot loop tell to us.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
HEY THERE!

In DiabloTurbo (Soony look at DiabloTurbo thread --- Not published yet --- ) we could use a correction in Kernel to disable auto-reboot in sys-usr-files when gets a error. Of course, without getting R&D mode.

I think that anyone that Have a NIT had this reboot loop. In my case, i'm not sure, but at least 15 times I had this reboot loop.

So, to avoid this reboot loop, try to found, in sys-usr-files, where are located the sys-fail-files or sys-con-files, i'm not sure where it is now...

Working and working in DiabloTurbo, Telescope and Diablo5 integration.

Best Regards,

T.B.

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Hi, angun33!

Congrats with releasing the first release! Good job!

Unfortunately, i can't test it because it seems not working on my tablet... Doh...
I installed your deb from the first post. Statusbar icon seemed to do nothing for me. I started to search the reason and noticed that there is no d-bus with name "org.launcher". So, i inserted a dozen of printf's in your code and found that the program seems to hang at MenuReader.c line 192:
Code:
    if (g_markup_parse_context_parse (context, text, length, NULL) == FALSE)
Nor printf inserted inside this if { ... }, neither one placed after the if { ...} is executed.

It also prints this on console:
Code:
launcher[2003]: GLIB INFO default - Application dtor
Unfortunately, i have no time at the moment to dig inside and find the reason. Hope these source line number tells something to you.

About way to call this launcher: since it supports calling via D-Bus, it is fairly easy to call it from statusbar, from tasknavigator, from telescope or anywhere else. I'm sure that this should be configurable.

Btw, my fingers want smooth kinetic scrolling in the launcher too But it is a lowest priority task of course

I'm going to be in vacation next 7 days. Sorry if i wont be able to answer quickly.

Thank you

Last edited by Mitrandir; 2010-07-18 at 19:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Okay, it seems that i found the reason why it is not working for me. You have the series of frees in Application class destructor. It seems like _icon member is uninitialized there. I added this to beginning of constructor and it started to work:
Code:
_filename = 0;
_icon = 0;
_iconPath = 0;
_executable = 0;
_service = 0;
I don't know why this fail was only for me

But it might be good to check another such cases

Now i can say that it is even more sweet in real life that on screenshots I really love it. But may be i like larger fonts

Bugreport #2 The Launcher seems to be unable to run several built-in applications, for example, built-in games and Clock
Bugreport #3: it displays properly icons for all applications except for Mauku and fHeroes2.

fHeroes2 is my package, so i can give you some more details. Its desktop file:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=0.3
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Icon=fheroes2
Exec=/usr/bin/fheroes2
Terminal=false

Name=fHeroes II

StartupWMClass=fheroes2
StartupNotify=true
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
The icons are placed here:
Code:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/hildon/fheroes2.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/hildon/fheroes2.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/hildon/fheroes2.png
Anyway, this launcher is great and i'm looking forward for your further work and for merging our projects together!

Last edited by Mitrandir; 2010-07-18 at 20:03.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Is there a 'safer' version of this that can be installed now?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
(misinformation here)

Last edited by Mitrandir; 2010-07-18 at 20:10.

Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
The version from first post can be installed safely
The version from the first post is the one that caused the reboot loop on my N800.

Sorry, i thought it was from #10

Hmmm... So, it seems there is something seriously wrong with the packet...

Does somebody knows, if launcher process (which is registered as system service in /etc/init.d) will constantly fail with segfault, can it be the reason of reboot loop?

I'm asking because the bug i have described a couple of posts above can simply cause segfault.
I have been with R&D mode from my day one, so i don't know what can cause reboot loop

Last edited by Mitrandir; 2010-07-18 at 20:15.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Okay, it seems that i found the reason why it is not working for me. You have the series of frees in Application class destructor. It seems like _icon member is uninitialized there. I added this to beginning of constructor and it started to work:
Code:
_filename = 0;
_icon = 0;
_iconPath = 0;
_executable = 0;
_service = 0;
I don't know why this fail was only for me

But it might be good to check another such cases

Now i can say that it is even more sweet in real life that on screenshots I really love it. But may be i like larger fonts

Bugreport #2 The Launcher seems to be unable to run several built-in applications, for example, built-in games and Clock
Bugreport #3: it displays properly icons for all applications except for Mauku and fHeroes2.

fHeroes2 is my package, so i can give you some more details. Its desktop file:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=0.3
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Icon=fheroes2
Exec=/usr/bin/fheroes2
Terminal=false

Name=fHeroes II

StartupWMClass=fheroes2
StartupNotify=true
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
The icons are placed here:
Code:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/hildon/fheroes2.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/hildon/fheroes2.png
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/hildon/fheroes2.png
Anyway, this launcher is great and i'm looking forward for your further work and for merging our projects together!
Well, dunno about everyone else, but I have this same problem

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Does somebody knows, if launcher process (which is registered as system service in /etc/init.d) will constantly fail with segfault, can it be the reason of reboot loop?
According to its init.d script, it starts the launcher process using "dsmetool -t". According to dsmetool, " -t --start-restart=<cmd> Start a process (on process exit, restart max N times, then do SW reset)." Anyway, disabling the lifeguard stops dsmetool from restarting, I believe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: