Notices

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I would much prefer, even if it's made an option in settings, to go back one page with one tap of the "back" button. If I want to "undo" the zoom (ie. zoom out) I'm happy to do that by double tapping somewhere on the page.
How this is supposed to work has been under discussion internally. It may or may not change in the future, is all I'm prepared to say about it right now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahockersten For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
Seems like it is the most usable browser now on my n900!

After I realized, that the "strange" text-flow isn't a bug, the browser is almost perfect in portait-mode.... ;-)

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Thanks for porting Opera Mobile for the N800/N810. What a great treat, especially after almost all other Diablo/Maemo4 development has been so long dead. In most ways, it's the best browser for them. It's certainly the slickest and most stable. It's a really fine, well-thought-out effort.

There are two things I most wish were different.

(1) While I understand how others like the Opera keyboard, I prefer the Diablo stylus keyboard (that is, Nokia's standard "Hildonized" on-screen virtual keyboard). It's faster, and it offers you all your letters, punctuation, numbers, and important symbols at the same time. It also provides word-completion, a real time saver. (Is that available somehow for the Opera keyboard, just not turned on?) Is there a way to have Nokia's original [Hildon] stylus keyboard called instead of the Opera keyboard? Perhaps a change in some preference, some one-time command-line entry, something ... ?

Picture of the Hildon keyboard:

(2) Can the zoom buttons on the N8x0 be made to jump to the different zoom levels? Right now, I usually leave Zoom in Settings set to 160%, but I often need other amounts of zoom. It's too many steps to go to Settings each time. In Tear and in MicroB you can just tap the hardware zoom buttons. I wish I could do that in Opera Mobile.

Picture of the N800 zoom buttons:

Thanks again!

I don't suppose there's any chance the new build improves on the previous version's lack of keyboard navigation? I really miss spatial navigation. Even more than that, I miss being able to use home, end, page up and page down to move quickly through a page.

It's ironic, considering that keyboard support is what first drew me to Opera, back when the desktop version was 2.12.

I think the moment opera will allow flash sites, then the other browsers on the n900 will be very much dead.

The latest release seems much more stable and loads pages a lot smoother/quicker.

While the n900 device does have some feeds options available, I really mis the RSS feeds from the old n95 symbian opera v4.x release.

One other thing, it would be nice if opera could report behind the scenes as being some other type of browser, for example if it reported as being internet explorer, this is because some businesses out there will only allow certain browsers to connect to things like email, etc, even that opera can handle such sites, is a pain when such security measures are implemented and you no longer can use opera or for that matter any other n900 browsers.

Does anyone know if there is an option to re-open all the last tabs?

Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
One other thing, it would be nice if opera could report behind the scenes as being some other type of browser, for example if it reported as being internet explorer, this is because some businesses out there will only allow certain browsers to connect to things like email, etc, even that opera can handle such sites, is a pain when such security measures are implemented and you no longer can use opera or for that matter any other n900 browsers.
There is a useragent section in opera:config

It probably can perform this function.

If I use opera:config to enable Show Scroll Bar, it always unchecks it on re-start. Is that because it's not really implemented, or am I doing something wrong, or is there some other way to get scrollbars? (I find that by dragging inside the window to scroll, I often unintentionally change my Zoom level, which is a nuisance.)

Yesterday I received a notification update for Opera Mobile in my N900. Can anyone tell me what is new on this update?

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
See here.

In other words, sometime after people start reading through a thread before reposting questions.
a 50 page thread?i dont think so..

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
Yesterday I received a notification update for Opera Mobile in my N900. Can anyone tell me what is new on this update?
See post #453.

Tags
fast browser, opera