Notices

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I just installed the app to give it a try(has been following its development from the start). I can not get double-tap to call contact. And i can not find double tap speed settings in "Settings". Also i can not find what version I am using - there is no "About" in app's menu.
Any ideas?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by bertolt View Post
1. to add a contact on the group, the contact needs to have an avatar. but Mycontacts doesn't allow me to add an avatar to my contacts. can you allow adding contacts to a group without an avatar..or maybe create a default avatar?
For now you just need to use the standard contacts application to assign one of the "stock" avatars to the contacts that you want to add to the widget. This has been the most common request so far. It will happen at some point.

Originally Posted by bertolt View Post
2. if i assign a ringtone to one group, all incoming calls uses the same ringtone, even those not within the group. the default ringtone in the setup is change to crochik-general. is there a way to retain the setup default ringtone if the contact is not assigned a ringtone?
Are you sure it does use the same ring tone for any other contact? That is not how is supposed to work or how it works for me.

It DOES change the name that you will see on the profile settings (ring tone: "crochik-general") window but this does not affect how it works.

Please check this page for details on how it works.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I just installed the app to give it a try(has been following its development from the start). I can not get double-tap to call contact. And i can not find double tap speed settings in "Settings". Also i can not find what version I am using - there is no "About" in app's menu.
Any ideas?
Just to be sure: the double tap only works on the widget (not on the application).

You can find the version you have installed by going to the application manager and selecting to uninstall the application. Before confirming to uninstall you have the details button that will give you the version installed. I will try to add an about box with the version information on a next release.

Please let me know...

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to add my voice among those requesting a SMS group function. Looks like a FANTASTIC app, can wait for it graduate to extras!

The Following User Says Thank You to Viipottaja For This Useful Post:
@fcrochik
I shutdown app and then started it again. Double tap now works in widget - which is all I plan to use. What I see as major problem is lack of possibility to specify which number exactly will be dialed when double tapping on contact. Also application is not recognizing correctly which number is cell and which fixed, although these are correctly labeled in built in app(and thus in corresponding DB I suppose). I think you have mentioned that it is problem with mobilityQT?
Another small notice - when I am scrolling through desktops I occasionally tap on group icons on the left side of the widget and thus switching it to this group tab view. So when I return to wodget desktop I have to tap on the most frequently used group. All other objects on desktops don't have that behavior.

PS. I really appreciate your work and the way you are communicating with testers and discuss and implement is exemplary!

Last edited by zlatko; 2010-07-14 at 20:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Also application is not recognizing correctly which number is cell and which fixed, although these are correctly labeled in built in app(and thus in corresponding DB I suppose). I think you have mentioned that it is problem with mobilityQT?
I am not sure the bug is with QtMobility. I would guess it is with the standard contacts application but because it doesn't show there I had to report to the Qt Mobility team.

Another small notice - when I am scrolling through desktops I occasionally tap on group icons on the left side of the widget and thus switching it to this group tab view. So when I return to widget desktop I have to tap on the most frequently used group. All other objects on desktops don't have that behavior.
I will double check/fix ...

PS. I really appreciate your work and the way you are communicating with testers and discuss and implement is exemplary!
Thanks

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

What I see as major problem is lack of possibility to specify which number exactly will be dialed when double tapping on contact.
You will be able to control the "priority" by group (e.g. for "friends" call first cell, than home phone, ... ). I even have the button on the groups settings page but still doesn't do anything...

p.s. Sorry I missed that on my first reply...

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

@fcrochik
I saw that option in settings - "Coming soon in theaters near you..." ;-)
Anyway - it is common that people do have several mobiles - how one can prioritize that?

@fcrochik
I saw that option in settings - "Coming soon in theaters near you..." ;-)
Anyway - it is common that people do have several mobiles - how one can prioritize that?
My idea is to allow you to select type (e.g. first mobile, phone and then skype) and also "context" (e.g. work, home and none) for each group.

Let's say for your friends you want to always call them on their cell if they have one and if not call their home phone number. For work related people you want to always call first the work phone and if they don't have one assigned the phone w/o context and ...

Does it make sense?

The application as it is missing a big important part for me: be able to use skype and google voice. I actually want it to be smart enough to check if I am connected to the internet (on a good connection? 3g?), check if the contact is online and just decide to call him using skype instead of the phone for example.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Hi fcrochik, great looking app so far mate, thanks for all your work on it. Is it likely that in a later release we will be able to fix the widget to our desktop so that you do not have to start the application through the launcher each time you restart the phone?