Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Ubuntu with the netbook launcher works perfectly on the N900, except for the touchscreen which makes it useless for most users.

will be interesting to see where this goes!

gav

What is the thing making touch not working? Maybe this armel edition could make it work? Anyway... if i could have Ubuntu fully working on my n900 i would be in heaven

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
What is the thing making touch not working? Maybe this armel edition could make it work? Anyway... if i could have Ubuntu fully working on my n900 i would be in heaven
Not really sure, already replaced the xorg.conf with the Mer one and it didn't work, installed tslibs and all but it didn't work.
It works in Fedora 12, but I hate RPM and that annoying password change it forces.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Not really sure, already replaced the xorg.conf with the Mer one and it didn't work, installed tslibs and all but it didn't work.
It works in Fedora 12, but I hate RPM and that annoying password change it forces.
I am on the same page as you on that. I do not like RPM. I which i had more experience in this things so i could be more helpful.

The later Ubuntus after 9.10 do not use xorg.conf if you don't force it. I guess it is necessary to do so for this to work. But are you sure all the correct packages are installed? Could we borrow this from hildon? I have seen hildon packages in the Ubuntu repo.

Already got it working, had to change a few things, the screen isn't calibrated (touching the top moves the mouse to the bottom and I can't reach the far end of each side) at the moment but I'm working on it.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Already got it working, had to change a few things, the screen isn't calibrated (touching the top moves the mouse to the bottom and I can't reach the far end of each side) at the moment but I'm working on it.
Great! Thanks! I looking forward on testing your work.

How is this going MohammadAG?