Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
how do i disable RD mode?

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
how do i disable RD mode?
See here

Have fun.

The Following User Says Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
How the hell do i get rid of the bios boot screen? I ran this to disable the RD mode:

c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5>
c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5>flasher-3.5 --disable-rd-mode --clear-rd-flag
s=no-lifeguard-reset

but still get the boot menu screen.

Ahh I see i didn't add -R into the line. I actually cleared the rd flag as well to make sure the Nitdroid that didn't work won't causing the problem again. I'll try NITDroid again later. I need to do a proper partition. Autoinstaller failed badly.

well i give up for now doing all them comands on the n900 and it stiill did not work lol my eyes have gone now been looking at this for days

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
I'm currently partition my card to 2GB. I'm using 8G card. Got to reconvert the unsupported part to Fat32 after.
You need to format less then 2Gigs (say 1.9Gigs) as noted in the install instructions.

And there's no need for R&D mode, as mentioned in the install instructions.

To answer your question earlier, I'm not sure if the auto-installer works or not, but if you read the script it points to a rootfs that's two weeks old, the rootfs version you want is from yesterday.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by fraad View Post
well i give up for now doing all them comands on the n900 and it stiill did not work lol my eyes have gone now been looking at this for days
If you ssh into your phone, you can just cut and paste the commands in bulk from your PC.

soz was haveing a wash and a coffee lol so how do u ssh ? dont no that way lol do u have to have phone to computer as well ?

oooops
Looks like my phone is in trouble.
I've had it working no problem, yesterday and this morning.
At the moment I can get to the boot menu, but then after I pic an option it just starts to load and then turns off.
I've tried booting up with the keyboard closed and it also only gets so far and then switches off.

Any advice from anyone would be great.

My Blog

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
are you sure? I'm assuming that it is up-to-date
Nope, the auto-installer is not up to date yet. It's going to be updated once I get some time to actually install the latest build.

@stobbsc: Try pulling out the battery and memory card for a few minutes, reinsert only the battery and try again.

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid