Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by raedbenz View Post
Hello,
thanks guys now it works.

The trick is as follows (implemented on ur PC)
1 - got to http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down2/
2- select your dictionary
3- slect download format Stardict
4- extract it with WinRAR.
5- some dictionaries have to links. e.g. stardict-comn_sdict05_eng_arabic-2.4.2.tar.bz2 and stardict-comn_sdict_axm05_eng_arabic-2.4.2.tar.bz2. in this case select the one with _sdict_axm05
6- copy the 3 files .dz, .idx and .ifo to your N900 mstardict directory
You Are Wonderful Mate..
Worked 100%

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
Hello,

The trick is as follows (implemented on PC)
5- some dictionaries have 2 links. e.g. stardict-comn_sdict05_eng_arabic-2.4.2.tar.bz2 and stardict-comn_sdict_axm05_eng_arabic-2.4.2.tar.bz2. in this case select the one with _sdict_axm05
Thanks for the advice guys, it totally worked.

I just noticed something weird when using this app. If MStarDict is running, the pulseaudio process is taking 20% CPU all the time (which drains the battery), even if I didn't use the "Speak" button even once. When I quit the app, the pulseaudio process goes to sleep immediately.

Why does a dictionary actively need the sound process? Am I the only one who've got the problem? Should I file a bug for this?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Stamm View Post
I just noticed something weird when using this app. If MStarDict is running, the pulseaudio process is taking 20% CPU all the time (which drains the battery), even if I didn't use the "Speak" button even once. When I quit the app, the pulseaudio process goes to sleep immediately.

Why does a dictionary actively need the sound process? Am I the only one who've got the problem? Should I file a bug for this?
Looks to be happening here as well (though I'd not noticed it before) - probably worth filing a bug anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Filed a bug:

[#5909] [N900] pulseaudio eats up CPU time
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...1357&atid=5024

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stamm For This Useful Post:
guys where do i find some good English Chinese dictionary i found only one but is xdxf and not working :-(

please give me some link

thanks

Hello,

The trick is as follows (implemented on PC)
5- some dictionaries have 2 links. e.g. stardict-comn_sdict05_eng_arabic-2.4.2.tar.bz2 and stardict-comn_sdict_axm05_eng_arabic-2.4.2.tar.bz2. in this case select the one with _sdict_axm05
I have tried these steps, but for some reason, when I go to select a dictionary nothing more then horizontal lines appear (like if it was dividing the different language options). I can select on these empty spaces and a check mark appears, but nothing gets loaded. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Downloaded files from the same link the N900 app redirects you to. Made folders for each language, also tried putting the .tar files without extracting and also tried extracting them and putting them in the folder that winzip generates autamatically.

thanks.

Originally Posted by white_panther View Post
I have tried these steps, but for some reason, when I go to select a dictionary nothing more then horizontal lines appear (like if it was dividing the different language options). I can select on these empty spaces and a check mark appears, but nothing gets loaded. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Downloaded files from the same link the N900 app redirects you to. Made folders for each language, also tried putting the .tar files without extracting and also tried extracting them and putting them in the folder that winzip generates autamatically.

thanks.
Hello,
it sounds awkward.
i dont have much idea. some guesses, is the N900 updated to PR1.2 ?
have you tried to uninstall the mastardict, restart and reinstall it ?
which dictionary are you trying to download, so i can test it?
also you are not supposed to create a folder for every dictionary, files go to mstardict dir.
cheers

I am trying to install the eng-por and eng-ita dictionaries, i haven't tried uninstalling and re-installing. I don't have good reception here at work, I will try it again when I step outdoors. Also I do have PR1.2.

Originally Posted by white_panther View Post
I am trying to install the eng-por and eng-ita dictionaries, i haven't tried uninstalling and re-installing. I don't have good reception here at work, I will try it again when I step outdoors. Also I do have PR1.2.
Tried unistalling and reinstalling and no luck. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Tags
dictionary, mstardict