Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
Originally Posted by Ahmed Henry View Post
i think there is no sound but when someone call me and i'm waiting with another one the mobile tell me this on the screen that there is someone on waiting

let me get this straight. when you are talking to someone on your phone, and someone else calls you, you phone is not showing that you have incoming call?

no no no i mean that (when you are trying to call someone and this person is on a call with another one your mobile tell you that this person is in a call waiting with someone) the call waiting is working good but this is not working

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
Also if you are the one on a call and someone else calls you, do you get the beep in your ear to tell you someone else is trying to call you.
Yes, you do - Inbound call waiting works fine, when you get an incoming call the phone speaker beeps, and you get a little image for the waiting call in the top left of the screen (below the status area) which lets you switch between calls by pressing it.

The OP's query is about outgoing calls to someone else with call waiting enabled though, which is not something i've tested. I'm unsure exactly why the OP needs any kind of notification on the display that the call's waiting (on hold) rather than ringing or being answered though, surely you can hear that perfectly well.

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
my n900 does this. If i call somebody who is already on another call, my phone flashes a "call waiting" message on the screen and continues to ring until they either answer or it goes to voicemail. maybe its a network thing but this deffinatly works on my n900

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Ahmed Henry View Post
no no no i mean that (when you are trying to call someone and this person is on a call with another one your mobile tell you that this person is in a call waiting with someone) the call waiting is working good but this is not working
Is there a phone that does this? If so, which one?

no i think it's not work with me i try it on my n73 but on my n900 it don't and i try it on many mobile phone

the n73 tell me the call is waiting and n70,n71,n72,n73,n79 ..... all the mobile phone

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
Originally Posted by mastac View Post
my n900 does this. If i call somebody who is already on another call, my phone flashes a "call waiting" message on the screen and continues to ring until they either answer or it goes to voicemail. maybe its a network thing but this deffinatly works on my n900

can you tell us what is your service provider and where are you located

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
What's the significance of this behaviour?

Shouldn't you be able to tell by listening to the different tone? (And that's more practical, since you don't have to look at the supposed screen message)
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Place your SIM in another of your N series phones and ckeck that call waiting is setup on that phone. As it is a network setting when you transfer the SIM back to your N900 the setting should remain.