Notices

Recently installed, what I think is, the latest version of this application. It works great but I just wanted to know if it was possible to zoom in or make the fonts larger.

Thanks
LR

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Litherayne View Post
Recently installed, what I think is, the latest version of this application. It works great but I just wanted to know if it was possible to zoom in or make the fonts larger.
You can change the font size via the preferences/options menu - tap the dots at either side of the tabs to scroll to see more tabs.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You can change the font size via the preferences/options menu - tap the dots at either side of the tabs to scroll to see more tabs.
feel like an idiot now, thanks

Hello, all!

The new version of FBReader (0.10.7-12) is in Extras-Testing now. Please, try it and vote for it here:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...der/0.10.7-12/

Changes:
1. The delay-on-load bug that appeared with PR1.2 has been fixed.
2. Flipped the rotate-page icon around, to reflect rotation direction.
3. Introduced the "scroll-by-drag" option and enabled it by default. With this option, touch-scrolling finally becomes reliable.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fms View Post
Hello, all!

The new version of FBReader (0.10.7-12) is in Extras-Testing now. Please, try it and vote for it here:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...der/0.10.7-12/

Changes:
1. The delay-on-load bug that appeared with PR1.2 has been fixed.
2. Flipped the rotate-page icon around, to reflect rotation direction.
3. Introduced the "scroll-by-drag" option and enabled it by default. With this option, touch-scrolling finally becomes reliable.
fms: Thanks.

1. On-load is still slow. but the work around is still working, while loading, just tap and it will show the last books that you read. So I did not see the changes between this version and the last version.

2. scroll by drag, Hmm, wondering, I checked the preferences and its enabled. I can not really make it work. So Wondering how this work?

I have tried to remove the .FBReader directory and reload the FBReader so it will use the default option.

So wondering whether the scroll by drag, will be as smooth as when you flip the "list of contacts".

Originally Posted by tirtawn View Post
1. On-load is still slow. but the work around is still working, while loading, just tap and it will show the last books that you read. So I did not see the changes between this version and the last version.
Are you absolutely sure about this? Because I do not see it here. In fact, with the latest code changes, it should not happen.

2. scroll by drag, Hmm, wondering, I checked the preferences and its enabled. I can not really make it work. So Wondering how this work?
It is enabled at the same place as "Scroll by finger tap only". It is not really kinetic scrolling though. But it should reliably flip a page if you drag your finger up or down the screen.

is there any chance of you adding PDF or ebook support? thank you.

Originally Posted by altorn View Post
is there any chance of you adding PDF or ebook support? thank you.
Only if the upstream FBReader adds it. Otherwise, there is eVince for PDF, and I have no idea what you mean by "ebook" here.

Everyone who still sees FBReader take a long time on startup, please, check your installed version of FBReader in the Application Manager. It should say

0.10.7-12

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by fms View Post
Are you absolutely sure about this? Because I do not see it here. In fact, with the latest code changes, it should not happen.
I'll add a "me too" because it's still happening. "Loading book. Please wait" - if I leave it for about 20 to 30 seconds the text finally appears, if I tap on the screen as soon as I see the alert bar, the text instantly appears. Not really much of a problem, but it is one that exists in several places - seems like it's more related to the alert bar, needing a click to make it go away before the screen underneath refreshes.

The swipe to scroll option is a nice addition.

dpkg -p fbreader | awk /Version/

Version: 0.10.7-12

Last edited by dchky; 2010-07-11 at 11:27.