Notices

I managed to get it working by changing the User Agent to the same as Android 2.2 (Froyo)

EDIT: Nevermind, doesn't let me watch the video.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2010-07-08 at 09:25.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
I managed to get it working by changing the User Agent to the same as Android 2.2 (Froyo)
how do you go about changing the user agent ?

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
I guess its only for Android and Iphone.
You can probably use the hide agent app to trick the site into showing the iPhone/Android version.

Doesn't appear to work with hide usr agent either. I'm not 100% sure who has had this working on there n900 but if you could report back here how you did it

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by altorn View Post
"all of youtube to another format"? Wut? Normal computers can convert videos to webM easily. just the upload time that will be slow.

Anyway, 600gb is too much.. i dont believe you. unless it is a RAW movie film. (you know, the rolling film they use in movies)
It's not one movie but several I guess. As one HD movie can be anything from 4Gb to 30Gb it's not that hard to get Terrabytes of movies.
Also I don't think they converted all videos but just the new ones on uploading and the old ones on demand when someone wants to see them (real time transcoding is not that much of a problem, and there shouldn't be too many transcodings as you can save the converted movie once someone saw it).

Last edited by weißelstone; 2010-07-08 at 10:01.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well everything (leanback & m.youtube.com) seems to work just fine for me.

But I still don't get how any of this can really benefit anyone using MicroB. I mean the original site is the easiest to use and MicroB opens that site up perfectly.

I guess I'm missing something here... Sometimes I feel that people are forcing themselves to treat Maemo as if it was Android ( = less developed in web browsing terms)

Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Well everything (leanback & m.youtube.com) seems to work just fine for me.

But I still don't get how any of this can really benefit anyone using MicroB. I mean the original site is the easiest to use and MicroB opens that site up perfectly.

I guess I'm missing something here... Sometimes I feel that people are forcing themselves to treat Maemo as if it was Android ( = less developed in web browsing terms)

Users here sometimes want a good finger friendly alternative while on the move. MicroB is great... websites on it... sometimes not so great !

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Best YouTube experience on N900 (considering Quality & Speed) is latest version of MediaBox. It has integrated YouTube in to the Videos section, and the search works a treat, and you have an integrated player.

The Following User Says Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Changed my user agent to Android Froyo - loads the new mobile you-tube but non of it works using it like this.

Unable to play videos, unable to click majority of buttons

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
I tried it and it didn't work. I went to www.m.youtube.com and opened a video. It opened up in the Nokia Media Player. It gave an error message something like this:

Looks like I'm sticking with mYTube.
Got the same thing on my N810. Anyone know why media player isn't working? It does have native support for 3gp. I have mytube installed but I'm more curious about infrastructure. Or is there a way to get mplayer to load automatically instead of media player?