Notices

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
mbarcode works fine, the ISBN plugin complains about missing package libqt4.

There are a couple of things that I'd like to change, but wanted to check with lardman or dragly first:
* Since we're automatically focusing now, can we simply remove the focus button? It becomes enabled/disabled constantly, and is distracting.
* Several times now I've started to scan without remembering to open the lens cover. Besides being confusing, this makes the LEDs shine right against the cover, which can't be good for the phone. Could I change mbarcode to detect if the cover is closed? I'd lock the camera open (so the native camera app can't start), but display a message and not turn on the flash until the covers opened.

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
mBarcode? Yes, it requires Qt, but Qt should now be installed by default on PR1.2 N900 devices.
Sorry, I should've been more clear with my post. The Amazon plugin.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by joshn53 View Post
There are a couple of things that I'd like to change, but wanted to check with lardman or dragly first:
* Since we're automatically focusing now, can we simply remove the focus button? It becomes enabled/disabled constantly, and is distracting.
Yes, I'm happy with that, however I would prefer to leave the code in place and to have a checkbox in the settings menu so that people can choose whether to have continuous autofocus or manual autofocus (if you get my drift ) and then provide a button or not, depending on that setting.

Of course, depending on how dragly's UI changes go, we may want to hook up the manual autofocus call to something other than a button (and at the very least it may not be that button anyway).

* Several times now I've started to scan without remembering to open the lens cover. Besides being confusing, this makes the LEDs shine right against the cover, which can't be good for the phone. Could I change mbarcode to detect if the cover is closed? I'd lock the camera open (so the native camera app can't start), but display a message and not turn on the flash until the covers opened.
Yes, detecting whether the cover is open or closed was on my todo list, please feel free to implement some protection and/or warning mechanism (one option would simply be to disable autofocus if the shutter is closed, but let the camera run normally and display a pop-up telling the user to open the cover).

I'm about to completely redesign the main window with a full screen scan and overlaying buttons, so the Refocus button will disappear soon in any case, but feel free to remove it in the meantime if you want to.

If you know a way to determine wether the lens cover is open or not, please implement it! For the new design, I'm thinking that we should have a message like the one the camera has asking the user to open the lens cover. If it is not open, there is no need to start the scanning.

I doubt that it is damaging the phone though, I guess it is just useless to turn on the LEDs with the cover on

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Sorry, I should've been more clear with my post. The Amazon plugin.
I've fixed the dependency issue for the Amazon/ISBN plugin in the SVN repository now. It will be fixed in the next devel release

Originally Posted by dragly View Post
I've fixed the dependency issue for the Amazon/ISBN plugin in the SVN repository now. It will be fixed in the next devel release
Sadness. I actually have changes on my computer to fix this, but was waiting until I was done testing to commit. :-)

Sadness. I actually have changes on my computer to fix this, but was waiting until I was done testing to commit. :-)
Woopsie! Feel free to overwrite my changes with your own.

I also refactored MainWindow to MaemoBarcodeWindow and SinkPlugin to PluginAction in the last commit. Going to start on a newbie tutorial now. Nice tutorial you wrote, btw!

As we're building up a bit of a head of steam, I wonder if we should start a ToDo and allocated tasks list on the Garage page so people know what's being worked on, and what future tasks are needed/wanted.

One example would be a list of different plugin types, and changes to existing plugins, so that budding authors could write something that scratches their itch and then contribute it to the project.

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
As we're building up a bit of a head of steam, I wonder if we should start a ToDo and allocated tasks list on the Garage page so people know what's being worked on, and what future tasks are needed/wanted.

One example would be a list of different plugin types, and changes to existing plugins, so that budding authors could write something that scratches their itch and then contribute it to the project.
Sounds like a good idea! I've already put two tasks for myself in the task list:
https://garage.maemo.org/pm/task.php...roject_id=1347

Tags
barcode, camera, mbarcode