Notices

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
just updated but the same problem persists for me, UI still doesn't come up.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Hey Guys, hey Peter.
Yes I am still very much in favour of a Volume Slider for the interface, it comes in VERY handy and I use it very often. Let me explain why:

The volume buttons on the side of the phone are only Volume-Rockers, which means you have to continuously press them until you'll hear a noticeable difference in loudness!

If you quickly need lower volume for a few seconds (e.g. to answer someone asking you a quick question, being able to hear where the emergency vehicles are coming from when in your car, listening to an announcement when on bus/train/plane), a dedicated built-in volume slider is your friend. With two touches you are able to put the volume to a lower level, a final one will put it up again. Simple.

@rnb89, check my list a few pages back.

I still think Desktop Widgets are completely overrated, I'd rather switch to the app itself and make my changes there. Let's push that very far back and first get the core to rock the boat. Same for the Search function: later please! Let's first get the letters to show on the right when browsing the library. That's the first step.

@ALL, before everyone stumbling on this thread adds another list of "things I like, things I want to see my dog likes", let's compile one cohesive one and add it to the thread so Peter knows what's going on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Haus3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Can I ask a silly question? Is it just me, or is this player only finding the tracks stored in the phone's memory, and not finding the tracks on the xD card? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I've not had this problem with any other media players I've tried.

Originally Posted by zvogt View Post
Can I ask a silly question? Is it just me, or is this player only finding the tracks stored in the phone's memory, and not finding the tracks on the xD card? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I've not had this problem with any other media players I've tried.
I have a dark feeling that this is the case yes. Add it to the list!

Shall be trying it out ina few hours Peter. Thanks!!

This is the best music app so far...even better than the default media player. I have some questions...

1. This player only play music ONLY? Can you allow it to play music videos like the media player?

2. The cover art fetching is amazing with big screen. Now, my question is....is there a way i can choose to select the art i want?? Because some of the arts are blurry due to low res or being stretched.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Hey Peter,

Welcome to Maemo! its nice to have another "real" developer paying attention to out little niche.

As you may notice, every new app creates a "buzz" around here!

As for your new app, i just installed the .deb file, and damn is it fast!

It also looks great and feels very polished.

I especially like the way the whole bottom can be used to seek through the song.

Things to update:

Make Kinetic Scrolling smoother and faster

Search

Thanks for providing us with a new app!

@Haus3r Agreed.. Compiling would be good for Peter and the instinctiv team.

but being used to brainstorms and voting.. compiling a specific list seems ancient.. cos users don't have the possibility of voting the most required fixes to the top..

I hope the developers maintain the momentum and make this one of the best players ever!!..

but being used to brainstorms and voting.. compiling a specific list seems ancient.. cos users don't have the possibility of voting the most required fixes to the top..
Exactly rnb89, that's a bummer Mh may be Peter can put something on his website for the time being? Some sort of a poll system for features to be included/developped, where we can give our voice for each thing we'd like to see?

This app is really looking promising, thanks for making it Peter.

About making a poll of features wanted - isn't that what Brainstorm here is for? Maybe we could use that.

The Following User Says Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post: