Active Topics

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by ...boy View Post
I know it may be tough comment done in faces of people emotinally related to Maemo / MeeGo (well... at least I am)

But I expected something extraoridynary (like MeeGo tablet UX is Vs other tablets)

and here we have just another OK OS

Honestly being an average consumer - hat is bettet in Meego handset UX Vs other OSs
this is pre-alfa release so we have to wait ti make final conclusions

The Following User Says Thank You to juandp77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ...boy View Post
I know it may be tough comment done in faces of people emotinally related to Maemo / MeeGo (well... at least I am)

But I expected something extraoridynary (like MeeGo tablet UX is Vs other tablets)

and here we have just another OK OS

Honestly being an average consumer - hat is bettet in Meego handset UX Vs other OSs
It's just a pre-alpha of the common UI design for the project... We have seen nothing yet. The Harmattan UI from Nokia may probably look quite different.

I just hope I can some how tri-boot Meego 1.1 with Maemo and Android(when dj_steve gets it to be fully functional).

Now, that would be awesome.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
can anyone tell me a workaround for 64bit and flasher3.5 issues?
i used up all the usb ports
a workaround or 30 min for fotmatting the pc

*edit
*formatting

Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
I just hope I can some how tri-boot Meego 1.1 with Maemo and Android(when dj_steve gets it to be fully functional).

The universe would explode.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parody For This Useful Post:
lol, i am not even going to begin to comment on this... Android v3.0 will probably be out before Nokia and intel get meego out there. Sorry, but someone has to say it...

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
#MeeGo-Meeting Full log here: http://trac.tspre.org/meetbot/meego-...18.59.log.html

You'll find a lot of useful information.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post

not really impossible
if u can get a bigger memory card and create more partitions, it could work out

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
lol, i am not even going to begin to comment on this... Android v3.0 will probably be out before Nokia and intel get meego out there.
MeeGo has two fixed release dates per year. The next one is October.

On the other hand, Android 3 is rumored to already be in testing by various handset manufacturers with a release scheduled for "mid-2010". So, if those rumors are true, Android 3 should be available as a finished product to end users first, yes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
When you look at Harmattan concept of having desktop filled with “operational” widgets (widgets which allows you to have almost full functionality of a application right on a screen without going into app itself) it was something to wait for, something that was making the UI ultra functional
(slides 9 and 10) http://www.slideshare.net/peterschne...ogy-highlights
and now what have we got – just another UI, very similar to others

Being average consumer who just need ultra functional and practical but also very pleasant to operate and just nice UI, I can see no reason to choose MeeGo Vs. any other OS on the market now

Is the opportunity do change the handset market lost for Nokia ?

… or perhaps not ?– does anybody know if Harmattan UI will be implemented in Nokia version of MeeGo ???

ps. I believe 2 thereads about MeeeGo for handsets should be merged - it is difficult to follow both (as thay are both so active)

Last edited by ...boy; 2010-06-30 at 20:19.