they are talking about MULTI-TOUCH GESTURES, will the N900 support this feature, too? (in the future of course!)

@^

you got it wrong! sure you can make phone calls!

Definition of: cellular modem

A wireless adapter that connects a laptop computer to a cellular telephone system for data transfer. Cellular modems, which contain their own antennas, plug into a PC Card slot or into the USB port of the computer and are available for a variety of wireless data services such as GPRS, EDGE and EV-DO.

Last edited by Turkishflavor; 2010-06-30 at 19:46.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ İstanbul - Turkey
Originally Posted by Turkishflavor View Post
they are talking about MULTI-TOUCH GESTURES, will the N900 support this feature, too? (in the future of course!)
No. It will never support multi touch.

Originally Posted by ZShakespeare View Post
So there's a dialer, but you can't actually make calls?
There is a dialer application yes. But until GSM modem driver available, it just won't work.

Originally Posted by Turkishflavor View Post
Not likely. This is one of the reasons (I expect) that the N900 is not an officially supported device for MeeGo and will always be a Dev device.

(It will run on the N900 hardware, but the N900 uses a resistive screen which will not multi-touch; but MeeGo will be using multi-touch as a basic feature.)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by ZShakespeare View Post
So there's a dialer, but you can't actually make calls?
At this time you can make simulated calls for testing. The cellular modem stack will be integrated in the future.

As has been stated all along, this release is not for end users. It is for development.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
"On the other hand, even without extensive coding it’s possible to tweak the theme all the way to the finest details and make it completely different."

This sounds awesome.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
At this time you can make simulated calls for testing. The cellular modem stack will be integrated in the future.

As has been stated all along, this release is not for end users. It is for development.
Damn... I was hoping to be able to use it and just deal with the bugs.. but without a secondary phone (which I don't have) then I'll be flashing nightly.

That.. sucks.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Damn... I was hoping to be able to use it and just deal with the bugs.. but without a secondary phone (which I don't have) then I'll be flashing nightly.
Dual boot should be available soon.

I really wish I had been able to keep my summit loaner though. The best toys have finally arrived, and my testing phone is gone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
I wasn't complaining, I was simply clarifying. It's not easy to see what is and is not included in this release. It's been made claer all along that this won't be ready until october.

Stil gonna dual boot and submit reports like nobodies business though.

Originally Posted by elris View Post
Whow! Look and feel of MeeGo Handset is wonderful. This is really a great Day 1. I waited so much for this moment!
Ditto ! ........

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
These instructions are well suited for my Fedora 12

Hah for the first time instructions other than Debian/Ubuntu
Are the packages in rpm or deb ?