Notices

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
i've read a lot of threads on here about people who have problems with the fm transmitter when travelling through congested fm areas, and i may have a simple fix for anyone with the expertise to code it.

basically just a desktop widget that when pressed will up the transmit frequency by 0.1Mhz

the idea is if you start losing signal and hear another station coming through, move the car stereo up until you have clear space, press the widget by a corresponding of Mhz and hey presto!

its not ideal but until some genius can sort out simultaneous fm scanning and broadcasting tied with rds station switching, i believe it will be helpful to some people!

P.S. i dont actually need this for myself, very little choice of radio stations round my way so one frequency is all i need, i would love to actually make this myself but alas i'm a bit of a spoon so wouldn't know where to start, just hope someone has the time and inclination to make it.

P.P.S. i already have three widgets on my desktop i use when fm-transmitting, the transmit/boost widget, rds widget and media player widget, perhaps someone could also combine all 4 into some kind of a "super widget"?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
agreed! Would love to see this implemented. If I could do it I would have months ago but alas, it is beyond me.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
nobody with any ideas on this? or willing to code it?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.