Active Topics

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
No need for nokia to bundle satnav with meego. There are probably some parts that are installed only on nokiaphones such as satnav, nokiatunes and nokiahands.
please read the post I replied in the first place.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Reporting too , it's 09:48 here in the Netherlands! Awaiting to test, hopefully we can do so without the need to really flash our N900's.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
I have my second N900 ready as well to test the UI out.

Just hope there isn't any delays much like PR1.2 ( Dead horse I know ).

Provided Meego is hack friendly I think there will be enough community backing to keep meego on the N900, officially supported or not.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I just wish they would hurry up...I'm getting sick of hitting refresh on this thread :P

Any idea who is releasing the touch ui? (not designed and programmed, just who is responsible for the launch day coordination) If its Nokia then you could presume it would be based on Helsinki time and would be in the next 5 hours... If its done by the Meego steering group and is based in US (or where ever they are based?) then it could be 15 hours still

Just so I can understand, what are we actually expecting this release to contain?

Will it be a full mobile operating system, including SMS, phone etc, or is it just going to be very basic.

Would a user who uses the n900 as there main phone want to flash it on or will it not be usable in that state?

I expect it to atleast have a working phone function....

didn't you all learn the lesson? .... Nokia will delay it ... it's not going to be released today so stop waiting, i bet my balls to it.

Originally Posted by fergusso View Post
it's not going to be released today so stop waiting, i bet my balls to it.
quoting just incase u change ur mind. :P. its almost the 1st of july here!

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
The active users count on this thread is amazing!!

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post
Just so I can understand, what are we actually expecting this release to contain?

Will it be a full mobile operating system, including SMS, phone etc, or is it just going to be very basic.

Would a user who uses the n900 as there main phone want to flash it on or will it not be usable in that state?
A full mobile OS would be the best option for us. But most likely there will be english-only version(although it's not a problem for 99% n900 owners) with very restricted functionality.

Even if it's a full mobile OS I won't stop using maemo5 because of few but vital apps I have now

Last edited by qwenjis; 2010-06-30 at 08:45.