Active Topics

Hello all, I've been trying to develop some test OpenGL ES 2.0 code on my N900 device but I'm finding it a difficult experience, and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit
Nokia Qt SDK
N900 with PR1.2

I'm able to compile to Maemo targets release & debug and can remotely execute via MADDE which is running on my N900 via the USB ethernet driver, however these are my issues/questions:

1. Remote keys don't work:
Remote process exited with error: Error in cryptography backend: Botan: Decoding error: BER: Length field is too large

However if I just use regular password authentication it works fine so I'm using that right now.

2. Remote GDB debugger fails with:
Signal received
The inferior stopped because it received a signal from the Operating System.
Signal name: SIGABRT
Signal meaning: Aborted

3. When deploying to the device, how do you do post-process installs?

So for instance if your executable contains a library which you modify and you want it to copy over the updated lib, or you have updated data you want uploaded before uploading the changed bin and running it/debugging it, how do you do this in QtCreator? Also handy would be so you could specify where the stuff goes and not into /home/developer (say a way to specify /home/developer/testapp/<put bin and other files here> would be nice). ESBox seemed to be able to set this up but I feel that QTCreator isn't flexible enough yet to do this kind of stuff, or I'm not looking in the right spots.

Thanks all for the help!

Last edited by Boberfly; 2010-06-10 at 04:49. Reason: Better topic name

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Debugging on the device is not possible with MADDE, as of now.

Is on-device debugging possible already or still not working? I tried with Nokia Qt SDK and N900 with PR1.2 but end with similar message that Boberfly got:

"The inferior stopped because it received a signal from the Operating System. Signal name: SIGHUP signal meaning: Hangup"

I cannot get remote debuging to work on my N900, what is the problem?