Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Warranty probably wont cover your lens cover as it can be caused by harsh use. You should just find new back cover and pay little for it. There was some website somewhere where they sell all n900 parts and back cover shouldn't be that expensive.

That's in finnish but ordering shouldn't be that hard: http://www.klc.fi/fin/tuotteet/Nokia-Varaosat-N900

Then i found this: http://www.thenokiaparts.com/eng/tuo...00-spare-parts
Dont know how it differs from klc as they have different stocks but same prices.

15€ for back cover ain't so bad. I paid 45€ for new lcd screen =)

Last edited by tommiasp; 2010-06-29 at 04:28. Reason: Found few links

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
It's a big shame that I come to read posts so full of racism against poor indians and people working hard to earn some money! In my country saying something like what I read above would result in jail! I cannot understand why moderators are not banning racists from the forum and informing FBI.
May be FBI would handle racism in the past but IIRC their jobs has been replaced by Homeland security which works on completely opposite principle? I might be wrong.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
woaaah 2-3 weeks! what do they want to do with such a huge time frame?

I had a similar problem with my N95-1 battery cover (broken hooks),
called nokia USA customer service, and they mailed in a new cover within a week.

I would say, call them again, and try.. if that wouldn't work, maybe email some VP QA of Nokia.

Guess the quality of N900 is not up to the mark. The steel lever, on one end of the kickstand on the outer cover broke within 2 months of usage.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=kick+stand

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
It's a big shame that I come to read posts so full of racism against poor indians and people working hard to earn some money! In my country saying something like what I read above would result in jail! I cannot understand why moderators are not banning racists from the forum and informing FBI.
IMHO tolerance is what made Gandhi (a very popular Indian) a world renowned person.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Just finished being online with one of the support staff at Nokia USA's phone number, thick Indian accent, and obviously had a hard time understanding my english.

Anyway lens shutter is falling apart and I've wasted 15 minutes of my life to try to explain to the agent that I need a new back cover/battery cover due to this.

He want's the whole damn phone sent in, and to keep it for 2-3 weeks plus shipping time, and has just spent the last 10 minutes of our lives telling me how to navigate the NokiaUSA website, with incorrect script.

Lord. Is that what we spend $500 on?
no offense but you did screw up things a lot by yourself by being really unrealistic.

what about searching for closest

and negotiate there?

Did you really thought that some support staff member could give you anything more than suggestion to send your phone to service?!?!?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
they would talk to you? When the NSU bricked my phone No one from Nokia would deal with me because I live in Canada. Fortunately Newegg has fantastic support and exchanged it even though I was past my return date.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
It's a big shame that I come to read posts so full of racism
BS. I must defend olighak here against such serious and completely baseless accusations.

Full of racism? Get real. He made a simple statement of fact which supported the rest of his story about the lack of communication.

against poor indians and people working hard to earn some money!
You are stereotyping all Indians as poor? That's racist!

In my country saying something like what I read above would result in jail! I cannot understand why moderators are not banning racists from the forum and informing FBI.
Jail for identifying someone's accent? I'm glad I live in a free country...

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
This may come as a shock, but when you call different customer service lines at different times, you often get different reps! This means that their ability to converse may vary! If you call American customer service reps, you might get a bad one! If you call Indian customer service reps, you might get a bad one! And so on. If you don't have time to play this game, don't buy things!
So, how come that no matter when I call a customer service line, I get a drone that would have trouble passing Turing test? Do they have some kind of a script-playing server where they plug all their service reps, drugged into submission? Or is it a very special kind of people they hire?

When a company outsources their customer service, it is sold to an other company. This company's business idea is to keep their customer - the outsourcing company - happy. That means they do what their are asked to do - in this case to send the phone back; there is nothing else they can do. If Nokia starts to loose money when customer service is promising too much, they will move on to use another company. Critizising an individual person who just did what he/she had been told to do leads you nowhere.
Send feedback to Nokia that their partner in customer service is not doing a proper job.

A few months back a Nokia phone we had seem to have dissapeared and we had problems with the local shop we used. Nokias websites and phone numbers didn't always match up in the end i sent an Email via there contact us and was contacted by phone and email by a Customer resolutions company with a named agent who would look after my case. Who were very polite and listened well but thankfully I manged to get the phone back unrepaired and all they could do was offer for it to be sent off for repair again.

From memory the back cover batery and sd card you keep when you send off, so the phone would go off to be sent back again if you were lucky with a new cover and battery and possibly have the firmware updated. If unlucky i guess you would get the phone returned with no cover (as you have the old one)

Nokia do need to take some customer level look at the customer service they provide and see if both for them and the customer they can make some improvements.

The Wife from this epsisode decided she would never buy a phone from Nokia again and its Blackberry or Iphone for her.