Notices

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
Apparently it has to be a new version who allow editing and other stuff.
http://mobileofficeblog.dataviz.com/...r_maemo_5.html
More screenshots here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...6732244&ref=pb
Hope we will have this released soon!
This is something I would pay for. For two reasons:

1) OpenOffice is great, but runs a little slow and requires ample use of the dreaded stylus. I want a finger-friendly word processor on my N900.

2) I would like there to be a flourishing environment for Maemo/Meego developers to make money.

However, Nokia and the Ovi store is starting to really disappoint me - inability to pay for apps, lack of communication, unclear roadmap, etc. I wish there was a more substantial presence from Nokia on this site - if they explained what was going on, then I think Nokia would improve their brand loyalty. Many here work in the computer industry, and understand how deadlines slip and things go wrong. It would be nice to to enter into a meaningful conversation and hep Nokia make better products and services.

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Nobody found out what is happening with the premium version? I contacted Dataviz but still no answer! Nokia wrote me that it the producer problem!

The Following User Says Thank You to puiradu For This Useful Post:
I agree it looks like someone jumped the gun on this, but it does show everything is set up for the premium edition to come out shortly.

This is both on the ovi store and on dataviz's website, where the options at the top of the page include "upgrade from viewer edition" - the link leads to an error page.

Patience grasshopper...

I sent an email to Dataviz, and they replied almost immediately (kudos to them).
They said it's a mixup with Ovi and that the Premium version will appear very soon online.

The Following User Says Thank You to xenkof For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xenkof View Post
I sent an email to Dataviz, and they replied almost immediately (kudos to them).
They said it's a mixup with Ovi and that the Premium version will appear very soon online.
Lucky you! I sent them two emails and contacted to facebook but still no answer.

What did they said about non working upgrade link on their site?

For all the people who are waiting this application please read what was DATAVIZ response on facebook :http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=181586&id=59056732244&comments=

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puiradu For This Useful Post:
Latest News From DataViz: "Yes, it will be soon. I don't have a specific date but it'll be days, not weeks."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2244&comments=

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Finally light at the end of the tunnel. A decent software which allows editing word documents on the N900 was one of the very few things I really missed on this device. This will get an instant buy from me once it becomes available.

Now just a decent PIM / calendar application and I'm set.

Good news indeed. Though I have been fairly happy with open office. I do hope they offer a discount to those of us that bought the viewer
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

$10 for the Viewer? It is free on Android, but good to finally see a Pro version too, but it's still too little, too late.

Good thing I've already moved on and gotten my hearts Desire

Last edited by PradaBrada; 2010-06-24 at 18:26.