Active Topics

I want to make an optified Debian package in MADDE. Up till now I've been using the /debian/optify auto setting for the autobuilder and that has worked fine. However, this time I can't use autobuilder.

So my question is how should I optify my package in MADDE using Windows? Is there a quick way? Or do I have to do it manually? If so, then how? Should I just edit the src.pro file?

Cheers

You have to edit the pro file changing "BINDIR = $$PREFIX/bin" to "BINDIR = /opt/maemo" or whatever you want and in the .desktop file the exec line must point to the fixed position like "Exec=/opt/maemo/nameOfTheApp"

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
You have to edit the pro file changing "BINDIR = $$PREFIX/bin" to "BINDIR = /opt/maemo" or whatever you want and in the .desktop file the exec line must point to the fixed position like "Exec=/opt/maemo/nameOfTheApp"
This is one option. Another option is to put all files into /opt/<application-name> together (excluding the .desktop file). But please remember to set the path to your binary in your .desktop file correctly.

edit: Another thing I forgot, is that there is a bug in MADDE, so dh_fixperms does not set the permissions correctly. So you have to add a file into your debian folder, which is called "postinst" and has the following content:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
chmod +x /opt/path/to/your/executable/binary

Daniel

Last edited by danielwilms; 2010-06-10 at 12:12. Reason: forgot important information

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by danielwilms View Post
This is one option. Another option is to put all files into /opt/<application-name> together (excluding the .desktop file). But please remember to set the path to your binary in your .desktop file correctly.

edit: Another thing I forgot, is that there is a bug in MADDE, so dh_fixperms does not set the permissions correctly. So you have to add a file into your debian folder, which is called "postinst" and has the following content:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
chmod +x /opt/path/to/your/executable/binary

Daniel
Gold Post.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |