Notices

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hi,
tear isnt working at the moment. it crashes if i launch it. i have catorise installed and in the category network there isnt a symbol, just the name.
if i launch it from the console, it starts.
even if I deinstall catorise, it crashes
what can I do?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by dabozz View Post
Hi,
tear isnt working at the moment. it crashes if i launch it. i have catorise installed and in the category network there isnt a symbol, just the name.
if i launch it from the console, it starts.
even if I deinstall catorise, it crashes
what can I do?
PR 1.2's hildon-desktop doesn't like Tear's icon; edit /usr/share/applications/hildon/tear.desktop and remove the Icon line.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by DESiBELi View Post
Hi guys,
Could someone help me a bit with my networking issue?

I've built a wall computer using a old 770 "rebuilt" into a picture frame. I've modified /etc/osso-af-init/hildon-desktop.sh, so it only boots the browser, beacuse I'm only using a web app that I built for everything.
I recently switched to Tear, basically because Webkit rocks (and now that I've played with it, Tear does too ).
But I have a big issue with networking since the libwebkit I'm using doesn't try to connect to any networks (libwebkit should send a dbus message?) (I'm not even sure if this is something libwebkit should do, or is it a browser feature).

It used to work automagically, I boot up the thing, it starts the browser, the browser tries to load the page and that triggers the connection.

Any ideas how I could connect the device to the network and reconnect if necessary?
I can't go and connect myself since I don't load hildon-desktop at all.

Oh, I'm using libwebkit-1.0-1, 1.0-svn41137-13 and tear, 0.3.5

Thanks!

PS: I'll post pictures when done
Strange, it should work (though I remember some DBus problems with my 770). I'll try to check.

The problem with crashing is the icon. It was auto-optified and after 1.2 the link is wrong for some reason. I'll release a new version soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DESiBELi View Post
Hi guys,
Could someone help me a bit with my networking issue?

I've built a wall computer using a old 770 "rebuilt" into a picture frame. I've modified /etc/osso-af-init/hildon-desktop.sh, so it only boots the browser, beacuse I'm only using a web app that I built for everything.
I recently switched to Tear, basically because Webkit rocks (and now that I've played with it, Tear does too ).
But I have a big issue with networking since the libwebkit I'm using doesn't try to connect to any networks (libwebkit should send a dbus message?) (I'm not even sure if this is something libwebkit should do, or is it a browser feature).

It used to work automagically, I boot up the thing, it starts the browser, the browser tries to load the page and that triggers the connection.

Any ideas how I could connect the device to the network and reconnect if necessary?
I can't go and connect myself since I don't load hildon-desktop at all.

Oh, I'm using libwebkit-1.0-1, 1.0-svn41137-13 and tear, 0.3.5

Thanks!

PS: I'll post pictures when done
Heh, nvm, I found the dbus method to do this. It was in the wiki, I must have just been too blind to see it while searching.
But I hope this can help others too.
Added to crontab:
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"network" uint32:0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DESiBELi For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I would love to see pictures of the Tear Wall Computer!

Aargh.. Ported almost whole Gio from GLib 2.22 and now we have Libsoup 2.30, but while more test pass in libwebkit, still segfaults in several and doesn't work properly overall. Back to the drawing board...

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
any news on the tear-improvements feature inclusion? been kinda quiet on that front lately.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Aargh.. Ported almost whole Gio from GLib 2.22 and now we have Libsoup 2.30, but while more test pass in libwebkit, still segfaults in several and doesn't work properly overall. Back to the drawing board...
How about providing the libraries and using ld tricks?

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
tso,
Sorry, i just spend most of my free time on polishing Telescope. I'm trying to force releasing of 1.0 in extras. I hope i will have more time for Tear then

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit