Active Topics

First off, a big thanks to gnuite for Maemo Mapper, I love it. I'm running it on a 770 and for the most part it runs great, though I have a few stability problems with the tablet in general, but I'm going to try booting off the memory card and see if that helps.

The actual point of my post is to ask if there is a way to pull the trails off of Maemo Mapper so I can help contribute to OpenStreetMap. Its sorely lacking in my area of the world (Regina, Canada), and I thought it would be fun to try and help out.

I'm not really all that familiar with GPS and such, though I'm VERY familiar with computers and Linux. So if this is a matter of copying a file or two off the 770, I can manage that, I just need to know where to look.

Thanks!

Some nice person has already answered your every need, get mapping

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index....h_Maemo-mapper

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Originally Posted by Nos View Post
The actual point of my post is to ask if there is a way to pull the trails off of Maemo Mapper so I can help contribute to OpenStreetMap. Its sorely lacking in my area of the world (Regina, Canada), and I thought it would be fun to try and help out.
Unlike all the places it isn't sorely lacking in like umm... I guess there must be some large american places!

My town has 3 roads in OpenStreetMap. I downloaded the application to update it (thought maybe I could put tracking on the navman or the tomtom), but it seemed a little flakey, and a bit user unfriendly.

The Following User Says Thank You to tabletrat For This Useful Post:
Thanks very much.... exactly what I was looking for. Can't believe I couldn't find that myself on the site.

Last edited by Nos; 2007-08-31 at 02:12.