Notices

Also, if there was some kind of OpenGL to OpenGL ES wrapper that would help a lot porting games like TORCS or ManiaDrive.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Does anyone know a good 3d racing game for n900.

like nfs shift...ect

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
The only racing games N900 has is nspeed and Tuxrace.

hmmm..wierd, just wondering why they dont port racing games like nfs shift, or rally Master like on the N8, I mean the n900 hardware can handle this right?

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
get psx4all and wipeout 3. overclock a bit and you're there...

psx4all & overclock it is just not my thing, I'm not a power user, and besides psx4all and games like wipeout...etc, are nowhere near a game like rally Master (I mean number of fps, graphics) which is made by "professionals"...do you get it?

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Leon4 View Post
psx4all & overclock it is just not my thing, I'm not a power user, and besides psx4all and games like wipeout...etc, are nowhere near a game like rally Master (I mean number of fps, graphics) which is made by "professionals"...do you get it?
yeah i understand, but in the meantime, i think you'd be quite surprised (in both the performance of psx4all and how easy it is to run and overclock) with what i posted...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Leon4 View Post
i suggest you ask Nokia why isn't there any racing games for N900. Nokia did not release their 3D plugin code or SDK to developers here, it made the porting and making 3D games, racing, fighting... very difficult. Only if Nokia freely distribute the code to the community to add into their code, otherwise there is not much things we can do, Smoku is trying really hard on debugging and porting Opengl ES support to N900 at the moment. But it's a hardwork since it's not an easy things to do.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
OpenGLES is still available (for Xlib, Qt4 and SDL1.2), but you have to enable some repos to get the dev-files to compile (on the device or in scratchbox). There is also a xlib-wrapper available for python...
Start at the wiki-page: http://wiki.maemo.org/OpenGL-ES

Last edited by mankir; 2010-06-19 at 15:03.

Originally Posted by nesrazz View Post
No reason for 3d racing game.
There won't be any such games developed for the n900, if that's what you're after nesrazz then don't waste your time waiting. If you want to play these types of games on your phone then you should really be looking at buying an Android or Apple phone, otherwise a portable games console like the PSP or Nintendo DS.

The only 3D racing games available for the n900 are nSpeed and Tuxrace.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-06-19 at 15:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: