Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
ok, i installed this and set up all the passwords and everything...my DUMB question is, how does it work??? I wanna test it to see if it works properly, but idk what to do ...do i simply use one of my friends' phone and send myself a text message with (activating password) and nothing else in the text field?

HELP ME!!!

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
BUMP...anyone shed some light on this manner for this poor soul

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Can we make this app self activate when the sim card is changed? and also manually activation by SMS?

What if the person has no Credits?
Can we do a resend until the message sent?

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-06-16 at 04:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Maybe the developper can explain us some little things? This project is dead? Lot of people are interested with that app.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Argg how do I uninstall this app? I didn't clicked on the [ ] Enable to remove!

Now I can't find the app to rerun the damn thing setting agian. Can't even find that specified file in ETC/OMAPCAM

All i got in there is
OMAP3CAMD.conf
tcm8330.enc
tcm8341.enc
vs6555.enc

Where the hell is the configuration file?

the app stopped responding to my activation password now. but still response to my config file password

Originally Posted by ezamora View Post
I reboot my N900 and now It works fine... SMS "Config" let me enter to main screen...

Sorry, don't know whats happened

I had the same problem. Sending the configure sms only worked once. After rebooting I could configure the application again.

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
I had the same problem. Sending the configure sms only worked once. After rebooting I could configure the application again.
The damn thing only worked once! but after that it stopped working.. How is this being useful? After tested work then it stopped working? And when the phone reboot, the settings are lost when sent the configuration password.

This is very unreliable. Can't the author makes the app store the config file and restart itself every reboot, also makes the activation and deactivation works continously?

Make the app sitting in the memory level and waiting for activation.

guys i ll need some help here. damn this app is ****ing me up atm ... i sent the activation message was simply "start" (and "stop" was for deactivating it) and since then all i got was just 1 e-mail saying the battery lvl was low , 0 sms or other e-mails telling where the phone is. but i dont care about that, i care about how to stop it. it doesnt accept the deactivation sms , neither the config pop up sms , neither uninstall ... gimme some hints pls it keeps connecting to w/e connection it finds , its driving me crazy

ok i think i got it
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=393

ps a mod should edit developers 1st post (since he is afk so long and so many got issues with his app ) and add the link im posting with the hint --->uninstall guide

Last edited by lucifsg; 2010-06-18 at 17:02.

Had battery life issues but not sure if it was related to this app. If it's not activated it just runs in a background watch mode right? How could that eat up battery life.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...