Active Topics

Notices

IMO the framerate needs to improve along with the sound. Right now it's kind of a bummer to play.. Especially games that need decent framerate like Sonic Advanced and Final Fantasy VI. This could be solved by simply adding a frameskip option and some more optimizing.
________
Creampie Girl

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to nax3000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Arif View Post
The emulators work quite well
I noticed that the GBA emulator's sound is pretty bad on some games. Is there room for improvement later on?
I also noticed that there's an L and R button in the iNES and VGB emulator for some reason
You can go to the VGBA options and change sound quality from best to fast, this may improve things slightly but a lot of my roms sound really bad... too much stuttering and bad framerates.

I agree with the above poster...frameskip and some serious optimising is needed...

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Because of the crappy sound I'm trying to shut the sound, but I can't find the option. I guess it would also help with emulation, since you're eliminating the sound "load".

Also, for some reason, I can't find the option for fullscreen. Is it implemented?

Cheers

Originally Posted by cjsegninir View Post
Because of the crappy sound I'm trying to shut the sound, but I can't find the option. I guess it would also help with emulation, since you're eliminating the sound "load".

Also, for some reason, I can't find the option for fullscreen. Is it implemented?
To turn off sound completely you need to lauch vgba from xtern with the -nosound option.
You can launch from a shortcut by creating a custom .desktop file in /usr/share/applications/hildon/

For instance here is the one I use to Launch the Yu-Gi-Oh game. It was created by copying vgba.desktop (as root) and editing the Exec line. The X-Osso-Type line had to be commented out with a # in order to make it work.

/usr/share/applications/hildon/yugioh.desktop
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=3.6
Type=Application
Name=Yu-Gi-Oh
Exec=/usr/bin/vgba -nosound /home/user/MyDocs/Games/Yu-Gi-Oh!-GX-DuelAca
Icon=vgba
X-Window-Icon=vgba
X-Window-Icon-Dimmed=vgba
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
#X-Osso-Service=com.fms.vgba
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
MimeType=application/x-gba;
Terminal=False

To get full screen hold down the Ctrl key and press enter.

Last edited by gowen; 2010-06-11 at 18:36.