Notices

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
thanks so far...i will try your ideas and hope for a proper solution...

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai
I downloaded it from Evopedia Dump at Home.

After downloading the file, what should I do with it? How many times should one extract it - once or twice?

Originally Posted by whats_up_skip View Post
Where did you download the dump from?

Originally Posted by Manul View Post
I can also confirm geobueck's report: I have the same effect with evopedia 0.3.2-maemo3 using a german wikipedia dump (wikipedia_de_2010-03-26), both on my newly arrived N900 at PR1.2 and in scratchbox: Only some keypresses get accepted at all, others (most) just get rejected.
Downgrading evopedia to 0.2.99+3.0rc3-maemo1 fixed the problem for me.

Hy there... did it really fix the problem?? i tried and still evopedia doesnt recognize all letters i type in ( e.g . "ernie und bert" )

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Yes, the downgrade really fixed it for me:
Code:
~ $ dpkg -s evopedia
Package: evopedia
Priority: extra
Section: user/education
Installed-Size: 328
Maintainer: Christian Reitwiessner <christian@exinto.de>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.2.99+3.0rc3-maemo1
Did you submit a bug report for this yet? I can confirm that I had the same problem with the version in Extras-dev. I also see the same behaviour in scratchbox.
On scratchbox, I noticed that I can access the evopedia server with Firefox on the Linux host and the search works fine. So it might be a problem with MicroB's handling of JavaScript. Still, I think Evopedia should work with the default browser.
Maybe someone who has changed their default browser on the N900 could try out whether it works for them.
Attached Images

I tried to fix the bug about the search box introduced with PR1.2. It it is still not completely resolved, but at least evopedia is usable again. Please install version 0.3.2-maemo4 (just uploaded to Extras-devel).

It seems that a bug in the JavaScript implementation of MicroB caused this behaviour, as there are no problems when using a desktop Firefox. Perhaps it has something to do with the newly introduced possibility to enter the blue symbols using a long press of the key.

Please tell me if version 0.3.2-maemo4 works for you and vote for it so that it gets into Extras.

Last edited by crei; 2010-06-09 at 21:02.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
It does not refresh automatically but it is usable again. I need to hit enter to force a search.

after entering the first item the search starts and i can read the article ( after i twice denied the internetconnection)...

but trying to search a 2. item..... fails..... the program starts "searching" ...but nothing happend.... i tried this several times.... but the 2. search always fails....

so for searching a 2. item successfully i have to restart the evopedia again...

Last edited by geobueck; 2010-06-10 at 07:40.

evopedia 0.3.2-maemo4 is in extras-testing now.

QA-page for voting:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../0.3.2-maemo4/

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I found out that the newest version does not start if opera mobile is installed.

i am sorry for asking....but the problem is still not solved...only one search entry is possible for me...for a second search i have to restart evopedia again....anyone with the same problems???