i'd say lets create a bounty for this. I'll pitch in my 10 usd for this, anyone?

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by umarzuki View Post
i'd say lets create a bounty for this. I'll pitch in my 10 usd for this, anyone?
I'll do $25 for bluetooth printing. Actually, I'd even pay more.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Anyone aware of a resolution for printing documents (office), now that 1.2 should bring docs to go editor software at some point... for printing over wifi/bluetooth?
Is it possible for a wifi/bluetooth printer to directly recognize an office document from the N900 and also keep the formatting?

*I know some don't see printing as an important feature, but... If the N900 could, wouldn't a large portion of users use it? even once in a blue moon? I would use it at work all the time for sending office documents.

Last edited by Fumanchu; 2010-05-28 at 19:56. Reason: added comment

I've got a new HP deskjet with wireless printing capability. I use it to print stuff from my laptop via wireless router. I had a 5800Xpress before and installed an app called HP iPrint which let me print directly from the 5800 to my printer. I so much wish somebody would come up with an app for the N900 as well.

It would be snappy for printing images directly from the phone too. HP is bringing cloud based printers where you can print straight over the internet irrespective of your physical location (think how cool if your wife is home and you want to send a picture greeting from a business trip to printer - or need to share something in the office with everyone at the workplace), but in the meantime...

Having just bought a new network printer, I am bumping this and sticking £15 into the bounty.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
$15 USD from me for network printing...This would be good for when I go to offices when the computers are down I can print out help files. Hook it up peoplez!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
i can print photos from the n900 to my hp C7000 series printer via bluetooth, its outstanding. i cannot print docs or pdf.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Anyone who says that all you have to do to install a program in Linux is "./configure && make && make install" is EVIL!

I am working on building CUPS. I finally got most of it to build then built a deb and installed it. Sadly, it segfaults on use. I believe that the default Makefile in CUPS uses a compiler flag that doesn't work on the N900 so I am experimenting with different compiler flags.

EDIT: Now it installs and does not segfault, but I cannot start the scheduler daemon. For example:
Code:
>sudo /etc/init.d/cups start
cupsd: Child exited with status 1!
cups: unable to start scheduler.
There is no log that I can find so I have no idea what is going wrong. I'll sleep on it.

Last edited by BruceL; 2010-06-09 at 06:40.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
SUCCESS!
I got CUPS to build and install and it is running on my N900! I am building an optified deb.

Can I get some people to test installing it and printing over a network? I'll make it public after any kinks have been worked out.

Bruce

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BruceL For This Useful Post: