Active Topics

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by pimper13 View Post
Hello everyone!

Here is a great FREE <spam link removed> player I discovered.

It's easy to use, offers pitch and tempo controls and really great graphics with the traditional karaoke bouncing ball.

Also includes 5 free karaoke songs.

Give it a try here: Sing-Magic.com

Cheers,

Tom
Wrong forum? Or spammer?

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-06-14 at 18:27. Reason: removing spam link

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
Spammer!!!

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post

OK, that little 3 in the status area is wifi-signal-applet, which has just landed in extras-devel. It's not pretty and I lack an artistic streak so I had to use text. Designers, please do your thing. Oh and it checks the strength every two seconds. (FWIW, the standard wifi applet checks every 1 second when the status menu is open) It does not check when either the applet is not in view (fullscreen apps, display off, etc.) or if you aren't connected to a network. I will add a CPA for changing the timeout.

Also, I do not know if it works when connected to the Internet through your mobile network.
Furthermore, I couldn't get it to go to 10, even when I was right next to my router. Blame ICD2, not me!
Works nicely.

Suggestions:
when a connection is estabilished hide the wifi icon (or hide it all the time and replicate the connecting animation somehow)
make it a bit more sensible, so level 10 can be achieved, but only when dBm = practically max

The Following User Says Thank You to vldcnst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by vldcnst View Post
Works nicely.

Suggestions:
when a connection is estabilished hide the wifi icon (or hide it all the time and replicate the connecting animation somehow)
make it a bit more sensible, so level 10 can be achieved, but only when dBm = practically max
Hiding the Wi-Fi icon will involve hacks, and I can't ensure stability then. Mind, you could probably move the icons yourself from the 18x18 folder in /usr/share/icons.

Well. the applet just tells you what value was given to it. I can jump up the values, but then I'd be making the widget an untruthful one.

Ah, wait, it doesn't work on dBm; look at http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-fi...044019a4a98fd4

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-06-09 at 00:03.

Vote for it here and get it added by Nokia: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=708

The Following User Says Thank You to unkno For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post

OK, that little 3 in the status area is wifi-signal-applet, which has just landed in extras-devel. It's not pretty and I lack an artistic streak so I had to use text. Designers, please do your thing. Oh and it checks the strength every two seconds. (FWIW, the standard wifi applet checks every 1 second when the status menu is open) It does not check when either the applet is not in view (fullscreen apps, display off, etc.) or if you aren't connected to a network. I will add a CPA for changing the timeout.

Also, I do not know if it works when connected to the Internet through your mobile network.
Furthermore, I couldn't get it to go to 10, even when I was right next to my router. Blame ICD2, not me!
nice work!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Qwerty: I'm having an odd issue. I'm not sure how yet, but I think it has to do with switching between 2G and Wifi often. Somehow I get my device into a state where it shows a 0 while on 2G, and then after that the number doesn't showup properly in the task bar. When I switch from a program to the deskop (or between apps) it's not there. But if I tap the task bar, and then just close it again, the number pops into place. Switching apps again though is enough to make it fall out of the task bar.

I've noticed after a fresh reboot, it works fine for about 2 or 3 switches between 2G and Wifi. (I'm on AT&T-US, so no 3G for me.) But at some point (maybe a race condition?) it gets out of sync, shows a 0 with 2G, and from then on out it out of sync until I reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Qwerty: I'm having an odd issue. I'm not sure how yet, but I think it has to do with switching between 2G and Wifi often. Somehow I get my device into a state where it shows a 0 while on 2G, and then after that the number doesn't showup properly in the task bar. When I switch from a program to the deskop (or between apps) it's not there. But if I tap the task bar, and then just close it again, the number pops into place. Switching apps again though is enough to make it fall out of the task bar.

I've noticed after a fresh reboot, it works fine for about 2 or 3 switches between 2G and Wifi. (I'm on AT&T-US, so no 3G for me.) But at some point (maybe a race condition?) it gets out of sync, shows a 0 with 2G, and from then on out it out of sync until I reboot.
Hiya,

I only use Wi-Fi myself, but what version are you using? 0.4 only shows itself if you are connected to an AP.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
That's the version I'm using. I can tell you after a number of switches between 2G and wifi it starts showing it for 2G connections as well, intended or not. When it's in the state I mentioned it also appears to be static. (eg, I move closer to the router and the number stays the same.) If I do the trick of tapping the task bar and closing again, the number updates though. Were this Windows, I'd say this is a refresh/paint issue, but I'm not sure how the task bar here gets updates.

NOTE: It can also fall back out of this state and start working normally again. I just had it in the odd state, switched to 2G as I left work, hit the home wifi and the icon changed back to working as it should. Maybe it's a timing issue? If it takes too long to assign an IP when switching? Or? I've seen it happen more at work, which has a b/g/n router/bridge, vs home where it's just a b/g router.

Last edited by woody14619; 2010-06-15 at 20:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Wow! I really hoped that Wifi icon could show the signal strength... Hope Nokia could do something to it though...