Active Topics

I'm sorry, where should I add the #?

I managed (with this forums help) to get my MSN to work on the Nokia 770 - utilzing Pidgin. This works great EXCEPT there are no sounds (i.e. when a new IM comes in etc). I downloaded the sound files and installed them, I have checked and sounds are enable in Pidgind and the master volume is set to full on the Nokia 770.
Can anyone help?

Thanks very much.
Russ

Hi try this if you go to the main menu then tool-preferences then sound and it got enable sound change that to always turn sound up should work ..

Great! Thanks for that. Do you know how to change the sound - it currently makes 2 low beeps when I get a new message and they are very quiet (volume on full), would be better to change the tone to something sharper.

I have gone into "Preferences" in Pidgin and clicked sounds - then new message sound, but It doesnt bring up a list of Pidgin sounds.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

I didn't read this carefully enough and missed this part "as a buddy to your list." I will be txting someone in Canada so hopefully this will work (I am mindful of putting in the right code once I find out what it is)

Am not able to txt to Canada, I tried +514# but I couldn't add the contact. I was told that 514 is the area code for Canada. Any thoughts anyone?