Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
I agree...I think I'll go for an iPhone as its improved considerably with the flash camera, multitasking, good lcd and higher resolution....I've always had Nokias (since 1997!) but I'm just getting p*ssed off with them as they're not putting up any challenge!!! They delay and delay and delay and let down people who have N900's as they will not support Meego on it and btw, where's my OVI maps??????????

on the one hand we have a thread where people are complaining about lack of flash 10 for the n900 and on the other hand there are those who are thinking of changing to the iphone which has no flash at all..

am i supposed to understand that?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raubtier For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=marktold;704922
e) having to depend on iTunes is not nice. But for someone who bought his music on iTunes never owning a iPhone or iPod it's a hassle to get the music to the N900

Regards Markus[/QUOTE]

simply get the free salling media sync programm on your pc, its totally wasy to get your itunes music to the n900 through that.

concerning playlists: easiest way is to create the playlist on itunes and transfer it to the n900 using salling media sync

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Santiago, Chile
@slender - thanks I do have the option display video calling option selected. I can also see - skype call with video - the problem is just that it does not just work - i will try it with another computer and see - perhaps it is my wifes computer, my wifes skype, my wifes operating system. you also see with my response that it is a lot easier for apple to make it "just work" as at first it will only be OS4 to OS4...
recent phone / tablett history SE W900, Nokia E65, Nokia N95-8GB / N900

iPhone 4.0 basically just catch up to what N900 have....like better screen resolution....5MP pixel cam HD recording?? Well, from what i seen...it didn't look HD to me. Focus and LED flash?? N900 already have that. What else? Video call...N900 have that. Front facing and back camera?? OKAY? Almost like they're copying what N900 have. Multitasking?? LOL.

I mean if iPHONE 4.0 and N900 came out the same time...i'll definitely get the iPHONE 4.0 but it seems like iPHONE 4.0 is just catching to technology. Imagine the NEXT N900...what's it going to be like?? Technology wise...definitely better?? Of course.

One thing i like about N900 is the keyboard....flash....and panarama desktop. I look at iPHONE multitask...and they don't offer that kind of desktop where you can see everything on ONE SCREEN. Open programs will appear open, not icons at the bottom.

So i am holding off the N900 until it gets old...then i'll probably switch to either iPHONE 4.0 or the next N900. But for now...technology wise...iPHONE 4.0 aint no better.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vietnam
I will buy one if there are android 2.2 on iphone 4

I figure its a nice step, but since i got a phone/mobile computer that I'm happy with, its not much of an issue. I really like what I can do with the N900, particularly the "conversation" feature- I can simply bounce around and keep in touch and not really think too much about what means I'm using to communicate. the fact that the open source community provides apps that people want without any kind of corporate filter is nice too (i.e. tethering, other networking tools, etc.)
I don't like the media hype surrounding every apple press release. Its a freaking mobile computer, its not much more interesting than the last iteration of the iphone and it is simply keeping up with what's already out there. The iphone came out and even I wanted one for a little while, before I cooled my jets and waited for the right product for me. I couldn't care less about new phones now. So long as people are developing useful apps and updates for the N900, I'm quite happy to let the rabble pay more for crappy phone service and lock themselves into hardware and software.

iPhone 4 threads merged.

Let's make this thread more constructive and discuss more on how Nokia can improve their products.

It would be great if we just all keep talking about the products rather than beating each other up. If this thread continues becoming too personal, it will be moved to Off-topic or worse, closed.

Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Santiago, Chile
mods, what is it with those tags?

iphone 4, op is a douche, whining, worstthreadever
i thought the op was spot on - it was clear that there will be a thread discussing iOS4 and it started off very informative

*edit* just saw the explanation from reggie...
recent phone / tablett history SE W900, Nokia E65, Nokia N95-8GB / N900

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Hmph, still no iTunes for Linux.

Really, I don't want to boot up windows just to get my music in...

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever