Active Topics

Quick question, I want to buy a microsd card 32gb for my n900. But.. will there be a bigger memory card available for the n900 in the near future?

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
Originally Posted by m.r.a.haak View Post
Quick question, I want to buy a microsd card 32gb for my n900. But.. will there be a bigger memory card available for the n900 in the near future?
Of course a larger card will be available soon, technology stops for noone.

You're better off buying a capacity that you know you will utilise because by simply buying the largest available at the time you will be paying a price premium.
16gb cards are pretty competitively priced now if you can do with appx 48gb of device storage

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
SDXC is unlikely to be supported by the N900, methinks.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
afaik 32GBs is the limit of SDHC cards, so unless it (the N900) gets updated, there would be no bigger capacity.

For the moment I would suggest you buy 2 cards of 16gb because when a 32gb is released it might be more expensive than the 2 cards of 16

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by p900 View Post
For the moment I would suggest you buy 2 cards of 16gb because when a 32gb is released it might be more expensive than the 2 cards of 16
sandisk 32gb microSD ($199) has been available on their website since late March

http://www.sandisk.com/products/mobi...disk-microsdhc

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I wish to dazzle everyone with how little I know by asking: Given that this community has people who are, by all rights, damn good with coding, couldn't the community eventually write in SDXH support? Or is this impossible without knowing some bit of information about SD's actual format the XC cards will be using?

If the latter, is that too unrealistic of a task to reverse engineer whatever info is necessary to make the N900 read SDXC cards? I mean, in my programming ignorance I imagine it would be possible to just stick the card in, see if the device can communicate with it, and start working on guessing what signals to send to the SDXC card and see how they reply.

But of course, while that sounds good in theory, that could be the difference between yes-that'll-work-in-a-few-weeks-of-dedicated-screwing-with-it, vs. that'll-work-if-you-hook-up-a-cray-to-your-N900-and-have it-brute-force-the-issue-for-a-few-months.