Notices

Hi!
i bougth my n900 yesterday and now i try to install some apps like the fm radio. but every time it i get an error because n900 misses python2.5-minimal. so i searched for it on maemo.org and found it, downlouded it and tried to install it BUT everytime i tried:

Install?
***.deb
0 kb

and after OK

Unable to install.
Installation file corrupted.

I try it from different sources. nothing helped. don't know what to do.

pls help. thx

This problem was caused by a glitch in the Extras repository and appears to be resolved (for me, anyway). If you refresh the App. Manager, I think that all apps depending on Python should now be updateable and installable.

While you are installing some Python apps, try TouchSearch -- awesome app if I saw so myself! (see my signature...)

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Thx.

I refreshed the App. Manager but it still don't work
(Is refreshing = searching for updates? if it's so, don't work. If not, than how can i refresh the App. Manager?)

Oops! It appears I had the extras-testing repository enabled which fixed the issue (-testing is a repository for apps that need testing by power-users before they can be promoted to Extras).

It appears that if you enable -testing then install a Python-based app (TouchSearch, for example, I know it is stable) then disable it, the troublesome package will install and fix the issue.

However, I guess the problem hasn't actually been fixed yet.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
ok...
so not fm radio and other apps untill an update?! and their is no other way to install python2.5-minimal? maybe their is an python2.5-minimal.INSTALL date?

their are so many apps i cann't install

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
hi..u can enable the extra devel repository..but before u install anything, pls click on the details of each app that u want to install and look at the "repository : " dont simply install apps from extra devel unless u know about it. =)

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
According to the bug report, this has now been fixed (and http://maemo.org/packages/view/python2.5-minimal/ agrees).

hi,

i enabled the extra devel, hte extras testing and the extra repository, but it the python2.5-minimal from http://maemo.org/packages/view/python2.5-minimal/ is still: 'Unable to install. Installation file corrupted.' T__T
i tried everyone of the python2.5-minimal 2.5.4-1maemo6....

still won't work

EDIT:
got it
- enabled the extra devel, installed PyQt4 Full Install and it worked.

thx for your tipps and help.

Last edited by Walzi; 2010-06-08 at 10:24.

Good afternoon,

Being very IT illiterate could you please translate the above into a language that I can understand.

I have a Nokia N900 and after a total system failure and a reconditioned phone returned to me I have been unable to download numerous apps that I have on my original phone.

Thanks for you help on this.

Originally Posted by tiggerknowsbest View Post
Good afternoon,

Being very IT illiterate could you please translate the above into a language that I can understand.

I have a Nokia N900 and after a total system failure and a reconditioned phone returned to me I have been unable to download numerous apps that I have on my original phone.

Thanks for you help on this.
Do you get python 2,5 minimal error? If you do, try enabling the extras testing repository and then try to download the apps that you had..
do this in the apps manager:
Application manager, menu, Application catalogs, New
Catalog name: maemo.org extras-testing
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-testing
Distribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free
MAKE SURE YOU WRITE FReMANTLE not frEEmantle