Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
I'm using Telia myself, but have you tried:

http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS#3.2FTre

Hope this helps.

/oxpo
No i diden´t work for me . but thanks anyway.
I have the latest version of fmms
anyone else who have solved to get it work with "3" in sweden ?

I can't download the app, it say's that I'm missing some Python related core files. Running 1.2 via NSU.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
I found two small problems in 1.1.5 with the German translation:

It's the standard theme. German words are often larger than the English ones.
I recommend to stay with Polite, Rude and Havoc as a translation here is also a little bit pointless.
In the second picture I would change "Homepage öffnen" simply to "Homepage".
The rest of the German translation is top-notch.

The Following User Says Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Hi I am on t-mobile uk have put in the "corrct settings" but am not 100% sure if they are correct as different sites say different things, does anyone have fmms working on tmobile?

I get a "error 32 broken pipe" I found bits of info on this but cant find the solution to the problem... any ideas?

Hi there. I hope you want start laughing. I have tryied to install fMMS on my lovely N900. But every time i try, it says it is missing some dependant files like python. What do i do?
Regards

Last edited by Syntax; 2010-06-05 at 11:21.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
Recently upgraded to 1.2. Decided to stick on fMMS and have got everything up and running with relative ease thanks to the wiki. I am using t-mobile UK.

However my first MMS has come down twice, the second MMS has now come down 4 times.

Any thoughts on this? Any way to download and delete from the server? My missus and friend have both only sent me the pictures the once.

Might have been answered but I can't find it in the search and I can't find it trawling the 30+ pages.

As an update :- 1 day later and fMMS has continued downloading messages that haven't been resent. I now have 9 copies of the original 2 messages. Every now and then it tells me of a push SMS and voila, another photo. Not looking good for fMMS. Anyone got anything similar, can't just be me?
Please post the log file so I can verify that fMMS is working correctly for you as it's suppose to send the confirmation message when the message is received. Thanks!

Originally Posted by sbock View Post

I recommend to stay with Polite, Rude and Havoc as a translation here is also a little bit pointless.
Good catch, feel free to edit the translations at http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fmms/c/ui/ (anyone with a transifex account can edit translations and post new ones)

@Syntax: Install from directly from HAM instead of downloading the .deb file, that way all dependencies should be automatically installed. If not, please press 'Details' (or something like that) and you should be able to see what the conflict is

The rest having problems, please attach the log files as it makes it a million times easier to debug. Thank you!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
Hi there. I hope you want start laughing. I have tryied to install fMMS on my lovely N900. But every time i try, it says it is missing some dependant files like python. What do i do?
Regards
Found out now, find the fMMS under program installation on the N900, then it install.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
What does that mean in 1.1.6?

* removed fmms_statusmenu plugin from main package, rewrote in C and is now in separate package 'statusmenu-fmms'

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Martinsicuro, Abruzzo, Italy

Same problem with italian translation

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany

Now I can not even find out more go to the last point (Havoc), even though he has the best fit.

Let's hope that as soon as possible seems an update.

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python