Active Topics

Good point! I wonder if they are using the jack to try and keep it seated. Thats almost what it looks like.

Anyone know if the CR-117 will fit the N900?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I would douibt it as it is designed for the n97 mini.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
i think the N900 is small for a car solution....am getting a N800 for my explorer....just wish I could put mobile Map 10 on it....cause I hate navicore.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
I have the brodit active mount on my shite french car. It works great.

Works well having bluetooth via the Nokia CR7 or whatever car kit that I had for my preivous nokia phones and using FM transimietter for music.

oCcasional use ofthe FM boost required to override the default fmtransmit failue on charge etc, but other than that, great.

I can can crank up my entire music collection to max+1 and ignore tha rattling sounds comeing from my shite french car.

did I mention that my car was french and it was shite?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
hmm. the new wine bar/taps place in town was good...but not for my typing/spelling .hic .bedtime,.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
I just got an email from ProClip USA that their Nokia N900 vehicle mounts are now out. You can choose from three different tilt swivel holders:
  • Plain Holder with Tilt Swivel - $34.99
  • Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and Cigarette Lighter Adapter - $59.99
  • Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and Straight Power Cord for Fixed Installation - $79.99

Note that along with the holder, you also need to purchase a vehicle mount specific to your vehicle.

Check them out: http://www.proclipusa.com/default.as...54&d_cat=18086
Ok...I want the Nokia N900 - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and Cigarette Lighter Adapter for $59.99.

Can I use my N900 in Portrait mode??? that's up and down.

Does anyone know of a car mount/charger that just has a long adjustable stem coming from the lighter socket to mount the n900 to?

Because of my stereo system I can't fit a Brodit via the Proclip mounting solution.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
I see consensus seems to be the Brodit kits. I like the active mount for charging the phone. Has anyone here tried the Nokia kits like the CK-300 for audio integration to the car?

I'm looking for:
a) charging
b) connection to stereo via aux as with FM transmitter there is both charging interference and white noise due to rear mount antenna
c) eye level position to see GPS

Don't mind proper installation, in fact that's necessary for the AUX input in my car model.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Also, the Nokia website says the N900 is compatible with the CK-300, which has the "car menu" feature? But how does this work on the N900, as there is no download option under the CK-300 website?

Tags
n900 carkit mount