Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
Another question. I have multiple folders with various incarnations of one artist. One is the artist solo and the folder is just their name, while the others have their name plus others' names. Under Collection and then Add scanned folder, Knots will only let me add the one folder with just the one artist's name. To be more clear, I have the following folders with albums inside:

Alison Kraus
Alison Kraus & The Cox Family
Alison Kraus & Union Station

Knots will only let me add one folder: Alison Kraus. None of the other folders get added nor their music inside.

Advice?
So these are all in same folder? Knots doesn't allow to add same paths twice meaning if you add /Some/Folder you can't add /Some/Folder/Inside because it already gets scanned. But this scenario triggers a bug and I need to fix it. But you can probably get around it for now if you rename the Alison Kraus folder to "Alison Kraus_" for example or add the parent folder of these three. Thanks for noticing this.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
So these are all in same folder? Knots doesn't allow to add same paths twice meaning if you add /Some/Folder you can't add /Some/Folder/Inside because it already gets scanned. But this scenario triggers a bug and I need to fix it. But you can probably get around it for now if you rename the Alison Kraus folder to "Alison Kraus_" for example or add the parent folder of these three. Thanks for noticing this.
No, they are actually three separate folders. I was adding all of the artist folders one at a time to help me keep track of tagging but I've now scratched that idea. I've deleted all the folders and have added the parent movies folder and parent music folder and I'm just going to let it run all night (w/15,000 "Items in collection).

I'm super happy to be using Knots again though. A few months ago, while trying to get SSL working, I bricked my N900 and had to reflash. A gave it another go today and all is well. Thanks again for a great app!

The Following User Says Thank You to jsbigs For This Useful Post:
Yes, Knots is fully installed if you see the menu items. It's just a self-extracting rar package and doesn't create uninstall entry to control panel, but removing it is easy, just delete the Knots folder and the Knots 2 menu item folder and it leaves nothing to the machine.

So you didn't have any luck? Did you try without a firewall? It looks like VLC starts ok, but Knots can't access it through telnet at localhost:4212. Almost all similar problems have been caused by firewall even when people think they are not on so that's why I have to always ask. Some virus scanners act as firewalls too and I really can't help with those. Knots should work on XP/VIsta/7 32/64-bit if nothing is blocking it.
I managed to get it working on an XP machine (not x64) and it started working almost immediately. All is cool but the streaming is extremely slow? Videos glitch a lot. I have a good machine that can transcode well. Tried with passthrough profile too. What else can i do?

Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
I managed to get it working on an XP machine (not x64) and it started working almost immediately. All is cool but the streaming is extremely slow? Videos glitch a lot. I have a good machine that can transcode well. Tried with passthrough profile too. What else can i do?
Did you install the client from -testing (0.3.2-1)? It uses gstreamer instead of mplayer and should be a lot faster.

I just found one Knots2 and I can see the version 0.3.2 so I guess this is the one right?

Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
I just found one Knots2 and I can see the version 0.3.2 so I guess this is the one right?
Go here with your N900 browser and click on the File link, it should install 0.3.2-1 deb without having to enable the repository. And if you have maemo.org account, be sure to thumb it up if you think it's worth it.

Is the source media rate 48k? Try removing rate and see if that helps. If you leave out all the audio related values, audio doesn't get transcoded. If that works, leave them out. Audio transcoding is only vital if you need to save bandwidth or it slows down playback.
Thanks for your help. Seems to be streaming fine now, have tested from outside my network and over 3g and the video and audio is all flawless.

Kudos for an amazing bit of software!

One small question, I added some music to the db but when I try to view by album or artist etc. in the browser it seems to output an error log. If I try the same on the N900 it just says no results.

If I go to untagged I get results but all random so I can't find anything. Have you got any ideas what might be causing this please?

Originally Posted by PeterPopper View Post
Thanks for your help. Seems to be streaming fine now, have tested from outside my network and over 3g and the video and audio is all flawless.

Kudos for an amazing bit of software!

One small question, I added some music to the db but when I try to view by album or artist etc. in the browser it seems to output an error log. If I try the same on the N900 it just says no results.

If I go to untagged I get results but all random so I can't find anything. Have you got any ideas what might be causing this please?
Can you go to Edit Media, select the artist/album tags and check the values list for weird characters? if you see such values, rename them and try again. Remember to select "Clear cache" from client before testing. If you get error messages, please post them so I can take a look.

Last edited by ukki; 2010-06-04 at 10:14.

Can you go to Edit Media, select the artist/album tags and check the values list for weird characters? if you see such values, rename them and try again. Remember to select "Clear cache" from client before testing. If you get error messages, please post them so I can take a look.
Ok, I think I've cleared any weird values although the weirdest I had were ' [ ] and . but they're all gone now and I still seem to be getting the same issue on both the browser and the N900.

N900 just says 'No Results', message in the browser is:

Code:
near ",": syntax error
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/errors.rb:62:in `check'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/statement.rb:39:in `initialize'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/database.rb:154:in `new'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/database.rb:154:in `prepare'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/database.rb:202:in `execute2'
./lib/db.rb:144:in `method_missing'
./lib/collection.rb:1366:in `values_for_tag'
./lib/collection.rb:1235:in `browse_category'
./plugins/1root.rb:56:in `browse'
./lib/plugin.rb:97:in `call'
./lib/plugin.rb:97:in `do_GET'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpservlet/abstract.rb:35:in `__send__'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpservlet/abstract.rb:35:in `service'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:104:in `service'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:65:in `run'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:173:in `start_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in `start_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:95:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:23:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:82:in `start'
./knots.rb:44:in `initialize'
./knots.rb:394:in `new'
./knots.rb:394

The Following User Says Thank You to PeterPopper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PeterPopper View Post
Ok, I think I've cleared any weird values although the weirdest I had were ' [ ] and . but they're all gone now and I still seem to be getting the same issue on both the browser and the N900.

N900 just says 'No Results', message in the browser is:

Code:
near ",": syntax error
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/errors.rb:62:in `check'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/statement.rb:39:in `initialize'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/database.rb:154:in `new'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/database.rb:154:in `prepare'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/sqlite3/database.rb:202:in `execute2'
./lib/db.rb:144:in `method_missing'
./lib/collection.rb:1366:in `values_for_tag'
./lib/collection.rb:1235:in `browse_category'
./plugins/1root.rb:56:in `browse'
./lib/plugin.rb:97:in `call'
./lib/plugin.rb:97:in `do_GET'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpservlet/abstract.rb:35:in `__send__'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpservlet/abstract.rb:35:in `service'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:104:in `service'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:65:in `run'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:173:in `start_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in `start_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:95:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:23:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:82:in `start'
./knots.rb:44:in `initialize'
./knots.rb:394:in `new'
./knots.rb:394
Close the server, run "git pull" and try again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video