Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
This is a matter of personal preference
hardly. you can actually count the additional unnecessary clicks you have the make now when typing. (like from alpha to the tab with the brackets: first 1#+, then shift - it used to be only one single click in the previous version of the keyboard. or from alpha to "," in the German layout: no change necessary in pre-1.2, now you need to switch to the numeric tab. same with "!": was on a slider before, now it's hidden in shift mode.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
hardly. you can actually count the additional unnecessary clicks you have the make now when typing. (like from alpha to the tab with the brackets: first 1#+, then shift - it used to be only one single click in the previous version of the keyboard. or from alpha to "," in the German layout: no change necessary in pre-1.2, now you need to switch to the numeric tab. same with "!": was on a slider before, now it's hidden in shift mode.)
I'm pretty sure there are other people that prefer the new layout and not just myself

I'm pretty sure there are other people that prefer the new layout and not just myself
after your second post on this matter now: can you give any reason why you prefer the new layout? what can you do faster/better/easier now that before? maybe there's something i missed - and that's what made them change it in the first place.

after your second post on this matter now: can you give any reason why you prefer the new layout? what can you do faster/better/easier now that before?
I can type a lot faster with the new layout. I hated the old layout. I hated the old spacebar

I can type a lot faster with the new layout. I hated the old layout. I hated the old spacebar
so - as "the layout" on alpha remained the same standard QWERTY layout - what you mean is the new location of the space bar and the smaller keys make you tape faster. OK.

so - as "the layout" on alpha remained the same standard QWERTY layout - what you mean is the new location of the space bar and the smaller keys make you tape faster. OK.
I prefer the location of the "copy-paste-cut" thing and the keys don't seem smaller

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
my problems with pr1.2 are:

1. slower app manager (way slower)
2. browser wont rotate even when in settings its enabled

Originally Posted by nielsvg View Post
my problems with pr1.2 are:

1. slower app manager (way slower)
I agree with this

Originally Posted by nielsvg View Post
2. browser wont rotate even when in settings its enabled
This might be an issue with your device. Mine rotates

Double tap in the browser to zoom to paragraph is not working as it used to be :/ Now it many times zooms out to the full page widht instead to the paragraph.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Its hopeless , he just loves new vkb, believe me i tried

so nosa101 when you gonna suggest an-droid theme to him?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011