Notices

Sorry for creating a separate topic for a problem I mentioned in 2 other threads, but I believe its a bit hidden down there.

The problem lies in the Conversations app - after upgrade to 1.2 it stopped showing contacts - after clicking New IM, there were "No contacts".

Tomorrow, I received info about available upgrades and was happy seeing Conversation work OK. But, after reboot, Im unable to login my ICQ account without receiving any kind of error message. Actually, I believe it doesnt even try to connect, as when Im in the Accounts menu, click ICQ, click login - and it instantly falls back to the accounts list without any error. There is a note just by the ICQ account, saying "Not logged in" (or something like that, I have my phon i Czech lang).

Im fully updated and upgraded (and my N900 aswell ) ... and rebooted ...

If anyone knows what to do or has the same problem, pls tell ...

PS: According to the other threads mentioned, there are 2 other men so far having this issue. The threads are here (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53567&page=4) and here (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...465#post697465).

I have the same problem with ICQ in the built in chat client. I experienced it long before PR1.2 upgrade though. Initially it worked for a day or so and never again. Its a pain as I need to keep Pidgeon open all the time just for icq as my whole company is on icq. I was hoping that the latest firmware would fix this

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia

The Following User Says Thank You to lunatik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lunatik View Post
See my post here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=26
Will check that out. Thanks man!

EDIT: You say - Disable devel and testing. Am I supposed to HALT the package account plugin afterwards, before re-enabling devel/testing?

Add 1: OK, icq working again, now Ill check what happens after I enable extras and testing and upgrade ... Stay tuned lol

Add 2: Not ok, after I enabled test+dev and upgraded, I am back again where I dont want to be ... Lets lets start with halting upgrade of accounts-plugin and telepathy haze ...

Last edited by michalurban; 2010-06-03 at 22:15.

Yep, upgrading kills all the joy. I've been told that telepathy plugins mess all things up. What the hell do they do, anyways?

Last edited by lunatik; 2010-06-03 at 22:30.

Yep, upgrading kills all the joy. I've been told that telepathy plugins mess all things up. What the hell do they do, anyways?
Heh, Im curious, what should I be holding from upgrade? Holding telepathy-haze kept also account-haze back, but after T+D upgrade, its not working again ...

Whats your idea? libpurple?

Doesnt wokr for me on AIM, just started today

I dunno which upgrade leads to this bug, but just so that you know, I've had just the same problem as you described in your first post.
As in my case, the steps that lead me to the problem were following:
  • I saw that account-haze was marked to be autoremoved by apt, but I didn't pay much attention to it
  • So I had it for about a week. No upgrades were done to any parts of conversation-related software.
  • Then at wednesday morning I was unable to login into ICQ and found out that haze was removed from the system.
  • I reinstalled haze, but it did not help. Then I kept reinstalling various packages until one guy from our russian forum told me to disable repos.

The Following User Says Thank You to lunatik For This Useful Post:
I dunno which upgrade leads to this bug, but just so that you know, I've had just the same problem as you described in your first post.
As in my case, the steps that lead me to the problem were following:
  • I saw that account-haze was marked to be autoremoved by apt, but I didn't pay much attention to it
  • So I had it for about a week. No upgrades were done to any parts of conversation-related software.
  • Then at wednesday morning I was unable to login into ICQ and found out that haze was removed from the system.
  • I reinstalled haze, but it did not help. Then I kept reinstalling various packages until one guy from our russian forum told me to disable repos.

Well, thank you very much! I set some packages to hold and it seems to be OK for upgrade now. Maybe my "howto" helps someone:

1) I disabled testing + devel repos in app manager

2) in xterm, I purged libpurple0 and then autoremoved all remaining cr*p

Code:
sudo gainroot 
apt-get --purge remove libpurple0
apt-get autoremove
3) reboot

4) installed account plugin 0.7

5) I set libpurple0 and telepathy-haze to hold (telepathy-haze was not enough)

Code:
echo libpurple0 hold | dpkg --set-selections
echo telepathy-haze hold | dpkg --set-selections
6) enabled testing+devel repos in the app manager.

7) gone through update and upgrade (as I was up-to-date before doing losing my ability to login to icq, there was nothing to upgrade though)

Code:
sudo gainroot 
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
78 did a reboot to make sure everything is ok ...

... and it seems to be! Lets hope everything stays that way after some updated packages arrive ...

Im using ICQ, FB Chat, MSN, Jabber and Skype - all OK. Cant test AOL, sorry necco.

EDIT: It messed up my contacts, made duplicate entries ... but my original entries were left intact ... so, I had to merge my original and "new" ICQ contact again ...

WARNING: Do not use App Manager for updates, it ignored the HOLDing I set up and now I have to do all of this again ... Use apt-get update and apt-get upgrade ...

Last edited by michalurban; 2010-06-05 at 14:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michalurban For This Useful Post:
WARNING: Do not use App Manager for updates, it ignored the HOLDing I set up and now I have to do all of this again ... :-/

The Following User Says Thank You to michalurban For This Useful Post: