Active Topics

Notices

I'm trying to fit my gprs connection in there, I tried keeping the "[connectionname]" but no luck.

What happens if I am on my wifi though? will it switch to my gprs every hour?

Also can I increase the interval to more than an hour somehow?

Last edited by woodyear99; 2010-06-03 at 18:52.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
I'm trying to fit my gprs connection in there, I tried keeping the "[connectionname]" but no luck.

Sorry, can't help on that topic. Have a look at the wiki and the appropriate threads in t.m.o, there are really a lot of tips and tricks.

Within alarmed (I guess you talking about that) you can set nearly any interval you like. Just have a look at the settings and the documentation in the thread.

Uhm, afaik it real has to be [ANY]. See http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control#...ved_connection. For me it works with the 'any'.
Also it works just if 3g is on, seems like i get a timeout with 2g (as mentioned on the first page)

I will leave it as [ANY], since all other combinations I tried with my gprs connection name doesn't work. Will have to read up on that documentation to see how to increase from 1 hour interval to 2 hours.

I will leave it as [ANY], since all other combinations I tried with my gprs connection name doesn't work. Will have to read up on that documentation to see how to increase from 1 hour interval to 2 hours.
The interval has to be set with Alarmed or any other cron-daemon, this is not done by the script it self.

Ah ok so I am limited to the intervals shown in the alarmed GUI correct?

yes, but you can set a cron string in the GUI which should make user defined intervals possible, but im not familiar with this.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
I had to run a few tests myself using the RSS Widget, after having uninstalled AutoDisconnect. So as I already said to you, the RSS widget won't update automatically if the device is not connected, with or without AutoDisconnect. Moreover an AutoConnect feature won't change anything, because the user case above doesn't work.

So if you want the RSS Widget to be updated every hour, the only way is to be connected. AutoDisconnect isn't bugged, but since its functionality is to disconnect your device.. not very hard to understand why the update doesn't work anymore. It won't reconnect by itself to Internet, because that how the n900 has been designed. See #7180.

Cheers.
Yes, I read your post but I can tell you that the built-in RSS widget is automatically logged into the Internet definitely has. I took this function since January 2010 and only since the update to the latest firmware PR1.2 it no longer works.

And since the same date, AutoDisconnect received an update, I assumed it must be because. If you say that it is no problem of AutoDisconnect then I believe you. But the function was definitely.

And the link is only the mail reader and MSN does not automatically update. And that's true. For this reason, I've used the RSS widget. For as it has worked.

Last edited by Dr.MZ; 2010-06-04 at 00:10.

Is there a way to prevent alarmed from attempting to connect when on a voice call?

Regarding reverting to 2G beta.

When I have this on and connect to WLAN connection it also reconnects my 2g to 3G which is uneccesary

Most times when connecting packet connection, the change from 2g to 3g is slow, making the logging on to the internet fail. Perhaps a slight delay of internect connection is required to allow the change from 2g to 3g to happen first.